IAS/IFRS in Belgium: Quantitative Analysis of the Impact on the Tax Burden of Companies
The adoption of IAS/IFRS in the European Union is part of the European Commission?s global tax policy whose aim is to establish a coordinated corporate tax base. The paper examines the impact of an IAS/IFRS- based tax accounting on the effective tax burden of Belgian companies for eleven different sectors. The use of IAS/IFRS as a starting point for tax purposes affects differently each sector, depending on its accounting and financial characteristics. Some sectors like construction and automotive vehicles see much larger increases in effective tax burdens than others but the impact remains in general relatively important.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.zew.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael P. Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1998.
"The Taxation of Discrete Investment Choices,"
Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001)
98/08, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Johannes Becker & Clemens Fuest, 2004. "A Backward Looking Measure of the Effective Marginal Tax Burden on Investment," CESifo Working Paper Series 1342, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lammersen, Lothar, 2002. "The Measurement of Effective Tax Rates: Common Themes in Business Management and Economics," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Khurana, Inder K. & Kim, Myung-Sun, 2003. "Relative value relevance of historical cost vs. fair value: Evidence from bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 19-42.
- Colasse, Bernard & Casta, Jean-François, 2001. "Juste valeur : Enjeux techniques et politiques," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1858, Paris Dauphine University.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1996.
"Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals,"
IFS Working Papers
W96/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 1998. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Roger Gordon & Laura Kalambokidis & Joel Slemrod, 2003. "A New Summary Measure of the Effective Tax Rate on Investment," NBER Working Papers 9535, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Knirsch, Deborah, 2002. "Neutrality-based effective tax rates," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 249, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:3281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.