Measuring the Effective Levels of Company Taxation in the New Member States: A Quantitative Analysis
This paper presents evidence on the effective levels of company taxation in the new member states. The focus is on a quantitative analysis of taxation of international mobile capital. In particular, it reveals the impact of taxation on the relative attractiveness of the acceding countries in isolation from other economic factors. The study relies on the measure of the effective average tax rate (EATR) derived from a forward-looking approach developed by Devereux and Griffith and recently applied by the European Commission.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2004|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/index_en.htm|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Devereux, Michael P & Griffith, Rachel, 2003.
"Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 10(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 2002. "Evaluating Tax Policy for Location Decisions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné & Amina Lahrèche-Révil, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment and Company Taxation in Europe," Economics Working Papers 004, European Network of Economic Policy Research Institutes.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 1998. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 335-367, June.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith, 1996. "Taxes and the location of production: evidence from a panel of US multinationals," IFS Working Papers W96/14, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ulrich Schreiber & Christoph Spengel & Lothar Lammersen, 2002. "Measuring The Impact Of Taxation On Investment And Financing Decisions," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 54(1), pages 2-23, January.
- Lammersen, Lothar, 2002. "The Measurement of Effective Tax Rates: Common Themes in Business Management and Economics," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)