It's the occupation, stupid! Explaining candidates' success in low-information local elections
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl & Panu Poutvaara, 2010.
"The Right Look: Conservative Politicians Look Better and their Voters Reward it,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3310, CESifo Group Munich.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu, 2010. "The Right Look: Conservative Politicians Look Better and Their Voters Reward it," Ratio Working Papers 161, The Ratio Institute.
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl & Panu Poutvaara, 2011. "The Right Look: Conservative Politicians Look Better and Their Voters Reward it," Working Papers CEB 11-004, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu, 2011. "The Right Look: Conservative Politicians Look Better and Their Voters Reward It," IZA Discussion Papers 5513, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu, 2010.
"The looks of a winner: Beauty and electoral success,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 8-15, February.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Poutvaara, Panu, 2010. "The looks of a winner: Beauty and electoral success," Munich Reprints in Economics 20267, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:62:y:1968:i:01:p:25-42_11 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sajons, Christoph, 2016. "Information on the ballot, voter satisfaction and election turnout," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 16/05, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Nicolas GAVOILLE & Jean-Michel JOSSELIN & Fabio PADOVANO, 2014. "What do you know about your mayor? Voters’ information and jurisdiction size," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2014-01-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy, revised Aug 2015.
- Ronny Freier & Sebastian Thomasius, 2016.
"Voters prefer more qualified mayors, but does it matter for public finances? Evidence for Germany,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(5), pages 875-910, October.
- Ronny Freier & Sebastian Thomasius, 2012. "Voters Prefer More Qualified Mayors, but Does It Matter for Public Finances?: Evidence for Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1262, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordslow-information elections; local elections; occupational reputation; political economy;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:vfsc11:48682. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfsocea.html .