Collusion, symmetry, and the Banzhaf value
We resolve redundancies in the characterizations of the Banzhaf value suggested by Haller (1994, Int J Game Theory 23, 261-281) and Malawski (2002, Int J Game Theory 31:47-67). In particular, we show that the collusion properties employed by them are equivalent. Combined with the dummy player axiom, any of the collusion properties has strong symmetry implications whenever the cardinality of the player set exceeds two. Finally, we establish that the Banzhaf value is non-redundantly characterized by the dummy player axiom and any of the collusion properties, provided that the player set is as above.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Marschnerstraße 31, 04109 Leipzig|
Web page: http://www.wifa.uni-leipzig.de/en/dekanat.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bretschger, Lucas & Steger, Thomas, 2013.
"Globalization, The Volatility Of Intermediate Goods Prices, And Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 402-430, March.
- Thomas M. Steger & Lucas Bretschger, 2005. "Globalization, the volatility of intermediate goods prices and economic growth," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 05/40, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Schäfer, Andreas & Schneider, Maik T., 2015. "Endogenous Enforcement Of Intellectual Property, North–South Trade, And Growth," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(05), pages 1074-1115, July.
- Schäfer, Andreas & Schneider, Maik T., 2011. "Endogenous enforcement of intellectual property, North-South trade, and growth," Working Papers 96, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Andreas Schäfer & Maik T. Schneider, 2011. "Endogenous Enforcement of Intellectual Property, North-South Trade, and Growth," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 11/150, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Schnabl, Gunther, 2008. "China's exchange rate impasse and the weak U.S. dollar," Working Papers 73, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Ronald Ian McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2008. "China’s Exchange Rate Impasse and the Weak U.S. Dollar," CESifo Working Paper Series 2386, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:leiwps:99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.