Broadband Adoption: Translating the Digital Divide Literature into Effective Government Policies and Actions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Crandall, Robert W. & Eisenach, Jeffrey A. & Ingraham, Allan T., 2013. "The long-run effects of copper-loop unbundling and the implications for fiber," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 262-281.
- Carare, Octavian & McGovern, Chris & Noriega, Raquel & Schwarz, Jay, 2015. "The willingness to pay for broadband of non-adopters in the U.S.: Estimates from a multi-state survey," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 19-35.
- Robertson, Alastair & Soopramanien, Didier & Fildes, Robert, 2007. "Segmental new-product diffusion of residential broadband services," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 265-275, June.
- Hauge Janice A & Prieger James E., 2010. "Demand-Side Programs to Stimulate Adoption of Broadband: What Works?," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(3), pages 1-38, August.
- Filippo Belloc & Antonio Nicita & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2011. "The Nature, Timing and Impact of Broadband Policies: a Panel Analysis of 30 OECD Countries," Department of Economics University of Siena 615, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Levin, Stanford Lee & Schmidt, Stephen & Scott, Graham, 2015. "Broadband for all: Policies for a connected society," 2015 Regional ITS Conference, Los Angeles 2015 146346, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Lee, Hyun Ji & Whitacre, Brian, 2017. "Estimating willingness-to-pay for broadband attributes among low-income consumers: Results from two FCC lifeline pilot projects," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 769-780.
- Klein, Gordon J. & Wendel, Julia, 2014. "The impact of local loop and retail unbundling," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106845, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Cave, Martin, 2014. "The ladder of investment in Europe, in retrospect and prospect," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 674-683.
- Edward J. Oughton & Jatin Mathur, 2020. "Predicting cell phone adoption metrics using satellite imagery," Papers 2006.07311, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2021.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Gugler, Klaus & Haxhimusa, Adhurim, 2016.
"Facility- and service-based competition and investment in fixed broadband networks: Lessons from a decade of access regulations in the European Union member states,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 729-742.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Gugler, Klaus & Haxhimusa, Adhurim, 2015. "Facility- and Service-based Competition and Investment in Fixed Broadband Networks: Lessons from a Decade of Access Regulations in the European Union Member States," 26th European Regional ITS Conference, Madrid 2015 127130, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Gugler, Klaus & Haxhimusa, Adhurim, 2015. "Facility- and service-based competition and investment in fixed broadband networks: Lessons from a decade of access regulations in the European Union member states," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-048, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- McCoy,Selina & Lyons,Seán & Coyne,Bryan & Darmody,Merike, 2017. "Teaching and Learning in Second- Level Schools at the Advent of High-Speed Broadband," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS51.
- Wilfried Sand-Zantman & Jérôme Mathis, 2014. "Competition and Investment: What do we know from the literature?," Working Papers hal-02316767, HAL.
- Sang-Gun Lee & Eui-bang Lee & Chang-Gyu Yang, 2014. "Strategies for ICT product diffusion: the case of the Korean mobile communications market," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 8(1), pages 65-81, March.
- Brian Whitacre & Roberto Gallardo & Sharon Strover, 2014. "Does rural broadband impact jobs and income? Evidence from spatial and first-differenced regressions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(3), pages 649-670, November.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2014. "The impact of regulation and competition on the migration from old to new communications infrastructure: Recent evidence from EU27 member states," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-085, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Chiha, Asma & Van der Wee, Marlies & Colle, Didier & Verbrugge, Sofie, 2020. "Techno-economic viability of integrating satellite communication in 4G networks to bridge the broadband digital divide," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3).
- Vogelsang Ingo, 2013.
"The Endgame of Telecommunications Policy? A Survey,"
Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 64(3), pages 193-270, December.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2013. "The Endgame of Telecommunications Policy? A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 4545, CESifo.
- Guseo, Renato & Guidolin, Mariangela, 2015. "Heterogeneity in diffusion of innovations modelling: A few fundamental types," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 90(PB), pages 514-524.
- Manlove, Jacob & Whitacre, Brian, 2019. "An evaluation of the Connected Nation broadband adoption program," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 1-1.
- Prieger, James E., 2013. "The broadband digital divide and the economic benefits of mobile broadband for rural areas," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 483-502.
- Liu, Yu-Hsin & Prince, Jeffrey & Wallsten, Scott, 2018. "Distinguishing bandwidth and latency in households’ willingness-to-pay for broadband internet speed," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 1-15.
- Charlita de Freitas, Luciano & Couto Rampaso, Renato & Euler de Morais, Leonardo, 2011. "Uso da banda larga via satélite para universalização do acesso à banda larga e como indutor de redução das desigualdades regionais [Satellite based broadband use as a strategy to access universaliz," MPRA Paper 85686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- I. Vogelsang, 2015.
"Will the U.S. and EU telecommunications policies converge? A survey,"
Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(2), pages 117-155, June.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2014. "Will the U.S. and EU Telecommunications Policies Converge? A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 4843, CESifo.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse16:148684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.itseurope.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.itseurope.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.