Accounting for social spending escalation in rural China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Eleonora Patacchini & Yves Zenou, 2009.
"Peer Effects and Social Networks in Education,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(4), pages 1239-1267.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2008. "Peer Effects and Social Networks in Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 7060, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antoni Calvo-Armengol & Eleonora Patacchini & Yves Zenou, 2008. "Peer Effects and Social Networks in Education," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0814, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Zenou, Yves, 2008. "Peer Effects and Social Networks in Education," IZA Discussion Papers 3859, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brock, William A. & Durlauf, Steven N., 2007.
"Identification of binary choice models with social interactions,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 52-75, September.
- Brock,W.A. & Durlauf,S.N., 2004. "Identification of binary choice models with social interactions," Working papers 2, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Gubert, Flore, 2007. "The formation of risk sharing networks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 326-350, July.
- Santos, Paulo & Barrett, Christopher B., 2010. "Identity, Interest and Information Search in a Dynamic Rural Economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1788-1796, December.
- Joel Waldfogel, 2002. "Gifts, Cash, and Stigma," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 415-427, July.
- Chen, Xi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011. "Costly posturing: Relative status, ceremonies and early child development," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 7, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Brown, Philip H. & Bulte, Erwin & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2011.
"Positional spending and status seeking in rural China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 139-149, September.
- Brown, Philip H. & Bulte, Erwin & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Positional spending and status seeking in rural China," IFPRI discussion papers 983, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Comola, Margherita & Prina, Silvia, 2014. "Do Interventions Change the Network? A Panel Peer-Effect Model Accounting for Endogenous Network Changes," IZA Discussion Papers 8641, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Network; Peer Effect; Risk-pooling; Status Seeking; Ceremony;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- R20 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-07 (Development)
- NEP-TRA-2011-11-07 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:iamo11:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iamoode.html .