Migration, labor markets, and integration of migrants: An overview for Europe
This paper discusses the size of Europe's migrant population, its demographic structure, and the socio-economic position of migrants. The European Labour Force Survey (LFS) as well as Eurostat, OECD and UN migration data are used as the main databases. In most sections of the paper the geographic unit of analysis is EU 15 as the so-called old EU Member States are home or host some 94 percent of all migrants and some 97 percent of all legal foreign residents living in EU 27. But general information on stocks of international migrants and recent migration flows are given for all countries of Western, Central and South-Eastern Europe.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 0
Fax: +49 (0)40 34 05 76 - 776
Web page: http://www.hwwi.org/en/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan Coppel & Jean-Christophe Dumont & Ignazio Visco, 2001. "Trends in Immigration and Economic Consequences," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 284, OECD Publishing.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2005.
"Immigrant Performance and Selective Immigration Policy: A European Perspective,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 194(1), pages 94-105, October.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2005. "Immigrant Performance and Selective Immigration Policy: A European Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 1715, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshua D. Angrist & Adriana D. Kugler, 2001.
"Protective or counter-productive? Labor market institutions and the effect of immigration on EU natives,"
Economics Working Papers
587, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Adriana D. Kugler, 2003. "Protective or counter-productive? labour market institutions and the effect of immigration on eu natives," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages F302-F331, 06.
- Münz, Rainer & Straubhaar, Thomas & Vadean, Florin P. & Vadean, Nadia, 2007. "What are the migrants' contributions to employment and growth? A European approach," HWWI Policy Papers 3-3, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Holzmann, Robert & Munz, Rainer, 2004. "Challenges and opportunities of international migration for the EU, its member states, neighboring countries, and regions : a Policy Note," Social Protection Discussion Papers 30160, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hwwipp:36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.