Internal and international migration as response of double deprivation: some evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded, 1984. "Rural-to-Urban Migration in LDCs: A Relative Deprivation Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 475-486, April.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward, 1991.
"Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role of Relative Deprivation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1163-1178, September.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J. Edward, 1990. "Migration Incentives, Migration Types: The Role Of Relative Deprivation," Working Papers 225854, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Thomas Liebig & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2004. "Migration, Self-Selection and Income Inequality: An International Analysis," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 125-146, February.
- Stark, Oded & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1988. "Labour Migration as a Response to Relative Deprivation," MPRA Paper 21670, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stark, Oded, 2006. "Inequality and migration: A behavioral link," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 146-152, April.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1982. "Relative deprivation and economic welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 99-113.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki, 1979. "Relative Deprivation and the Gini Coefficient," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(2), pages 321-324.
- Oded Stark & J. Taylor, 1989. "Relative deprivation and international migration oded stark," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oded Stark, 2016.
"Global Integration and World Migration,"
World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 17(4), pages 49-65, October.
- Stark, Oded, 2017. "Global integration and world migration," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 95, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Stark, Oded, 2017. "Global integration and world migration," Discussion Papers 253885, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- repec:bla:econom:v:84:y:2017:i:336:p:647-666 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oded Stark, 2017.
"Migration when Social Preferences are Ordinal: Steady-state Population Distribution and Social Welfare,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 84(336), pages 647-666, October.
- Stark, Oded, 2017. "Migration when social preferences are ordinal: Steady-state population distribution, and social welfare," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 98, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Stark, Oded, 2017. "Migration when social preferences are ordinal: Steady state population distribution, and social welfare," Discussion Papers 253373, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
More about this item
KeywordsRelative deprivation; internal and international migration; India;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:gdec11:21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfselea.html .