Generierung schiefer Verteilungen mittels Skalenparametersplittung
There are several proposals of adding a skewness parameter into a symmetric distribution. Most of them are combined with a certain distribution. The following working paper will present an universal method of generating an asymmetric distribution. As an application this method is used to make the Generalized-t-distribution skewed - thus producing the Skewed-Generalized-t (SGT-), the SGT2- and the SGT3-distribution. These distributions include several well known distributions like the Normal-, Laplace-, t-, Cauchyand Box-Tiao-distribution. They also allow a higher leptokurtosis, what makes them suitable for the estimation of financial data
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.statistik.wiso.uni-erlangen.de/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Panayiotis Theodossiou, 1998. "Financial Data and the Skewed Generalized T Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1650-1661, December.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:199658 is not listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
- McDonald, James B., 1989. "Partially adaptive estimation of ARMA time series models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 217-230.
- Butler, Richard J, et al, 1990. "Robust and Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 321-27, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:faucse:301999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.