Unconditional and Conditional Distributional Models for the Nikkei Index
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Liu, Shi-Miin & Brorsen, B Wade, 1995. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of a Garch-Stable Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(3), pages 273-285, July-Sept.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Butler, Richard J, et al, 1990. "Robust and Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 321-327, May.
- Bera, Anil K & Higgins, Matthew L & Lee, Sangkyu, 1992. "Interaction between Autocorrelation and Conditional Heteroscedasticity: A Random-Coefficient Approach," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 133-142, April.
- Deb, Partha & Sefton, Martin, 1996. "The distribution of a Lagrange multiplier test of normality," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 123-130, May.
- Schwert, G William, 1989.
" Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change over Time?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 44(5), pages 1115-1153, December.
- G. William Schwert, 1988. "Why Does Stock Market Volatility Change Over Time?," NBER Working Papers 2798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Nelson, Daniel B & Cao, Charles Q, 1992. "Inequality Constraints in the Univariate GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 229-235, April.
- Hsieh, David A, 1989. "Modeling Heteroscedasticity in Daily Foreign-Exchange Rates," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(3), pages 307-317, July.
- Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann, 1993. "Exact maximum likelihood estimation of ARCH models," Working Papers 93-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- McDonald, James B., 1989. "Partially adaptive estimation of ARMA time series models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 217-230.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1987. "A Conditionally Heteroskedastic Time Series Model for Speculative Prices and Rates of Return," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 542-547, August.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus Haas & Stefan Mittnik & Marc Paolella, 2006.
"Modelling and predicting market risk with Laplace-Gaussian mixture distributions,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1145-1162.
- Haas, Markus & Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S., 2005. "Modeling and predicting market risk with Laplace-Gaussian mixture distributions," CFS Working Paper Series 2005/11, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- José Curto & José Pinto & Gonçalo Tavares, 2009. "Modeling stock markets’ volatility using GARCH models with Normal, Student’s t and stable Paretian distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 311-321, March.
- repec:gam:jecnmx:v:4:y:2016:i:2:p:25:d:69492 is not listed on IDEAS
- José Dias Curto & João Tomaz & José Castro Pinto, 2009. "A new approach to bad news effects on volatility: the multiple-sign-volume sensitive regime EGARCH model (MSV-EGARCH)," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 8(1), pages 23-36, April.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008.
"Partial Likelihood-Based Scoring Rules for Evaluating Density Forecasts in Tails,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
08-050/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008. "Partial Likelihood-Based Scoring Rules for Evaluating Density Forecasts in Tails," Discussion Papers 2008-10, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Dijk, D. van & Diks, C.G.H. & Panchenko, V., 2008. "Partial Likelihood-Based Scoring Rules for Evaluating Density Forecasts in Tails," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-03, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Fischer, Matthias J., 2002. "Skew generalized secant hyperbolic distributions: unconditional and conditional fit to asset returns," Discussion Papers 46/2002, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Fabio Pizzutilo, 2013. "The Distribution of the Returns of Japanese Stocks and Portfolios," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 3(9), pages 1249-1259, September.
- Marc S. Paolella, 2016. "Stable-GARCH Models for Financial Returns: Fast Estimation and Tests for Stability," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Diks, Cees & Panchenko, Valentyn & van Dijk, Dick, 2011.
"Likelihood-based scoring rules for comparing density forecasts in tails,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 215-230.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick Van Dijk, 2011. "Likelihood-based scoring rules for comparing density forecasts in tails," Post-Print hal-00834423, HAL.
- Fischer, Matthias J. & Vaughan, David, 2002. "Classes of skew generalized hyperbolic secant distributions," Discussion Papers 45/2002, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Broda, Simon & Paolella, Marc S., 2007. "Saddlepoint approximations for the doubly noncentral t distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2907-2918, March.
- Gel, Yulia R., 2010. "Test of fit for a Laplace distribution against heavier tailed alternatives," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 958-965, April.
- repec:hal:journl:peer-00834423 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mittnik, Stefan & Paolella, Marc S. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2000. "Diagnosing and treating the fat tails in financial returns data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 389-416, November.
- Fischer, Matthias J., 2000. "The folded EGB2 distribution and its application to financial return data," Discussion Papers 32/2000, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Statistics and Econometrics.
- Richard Harris & C. Coskun Kucukozmen & Fatih Yilmaz, 2004. "Skewness in the conditional distribution of daily equity returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 195-202.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & Saltoglu, Burak, 2002. "Assessing the risk forecasts for Japanese stock market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 63-85, January.
More about this item
KeywordsGARCH; persistence; skewness; stable Paretian distribution; volatility;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:apfinm:v:5:y:1998:i:2:p:99-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.