An investigation into the dependence structure of major cryptocurrencies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gkillas, Konstantinos & Katsiampa, Paraskevi, 2018. "An application of extreme value theory to cryptocurrencies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 109-111.
- Urquhart, Andrew, 2017. "Price clustering in Bitcoin," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 145-148.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2001.
"Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas,"
- Rockinger, M. & Jondeau, E., 2001. "Conditional Dependency of Financial Series: An Application of Copulas," Working papers 82, Banque de France.
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2001. "Conditional dependency of financial series : an application of copulas," HEC Research Papers Series 723, HEC Paris.
- Genest, Christian & Rémillard, Bruno & Beaudoin, David, 2009. "Goodness-of-fit tests for copulas: A review and a power study," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 199-213, April.
- Aas, Kjersti & Czado, Claudia & Frigessi, Arnoldo & Bakken, Henrik, 2009. "Pair-copula constructions of multiple dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 182-198, April.
- Dißmann, J. & Brechmann, E.C. & Czado, C. & Kurowicka, D., 2013. "Selecting and estimating regular vine copulae and application to financial returns," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 52-69.
- Wenjun Feng & Yiming Wang & Zhengjun Zhang, 2018. "Can cryptocurrencies be a safe haven: a tail risk perspective analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(44), pages 4745-4762, September.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi, 2017. "Volatility estimation for Bitcoin: A comparison of GARCH models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 3-6.
- Jeffrey Chu & Stephen Chan & Saralees Nadarajah & Joerg Osterrieder, 2017. "GARCH Modelling of Cryptocurrencies," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 10(4), pages 1-15, October.
- C. Baek & M. Elbeck, 2015. "Bitcoins as an investment or speculative vehicle? A first look," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 30-34, January.
- Fry, John & Cheah, Eng-Tuck, 2016. "Negative bubbles and shocks in cryptocurrency markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 343-352.
- Phillip, Andrew & Chan, Jennifer S.K. & Peiris, Shelton, 2018. "A new look at Cryptocurrencies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 6-9.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & Ignasi Merediz‐Solà, 2021.
"Where Do We Stand In Cryptocurrencies Economic Research? A Survey Based On Hybrid Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 377-407, April.
- Aurelio F. Bariviera & Ignasi Merediz-Sol`a, 2020. "Where do we stand in cryptocurrencies economic research? A survey based on hybrid analysis," Papers 2003.09723, arXiv.org.
- Angerer, Martin & Hoffmann, Christian Hugo & Neitzert, Florian & Kraus, Sascha, 2021. "Objective and subjective risks of investing into cryptocurrencies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- López-Martín, Carmen & Arguedas-Sanz, Raquel & Muela, Sonia Benito, 2022. "A cryptocurrency empirical study focused on evaluating their distribution functions," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 387-407.
- Andrea Flori, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies In Finance: Review And Applications," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 22(05), pages 1-22, August.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi, 2019. "An empirical investigation of volatility dynamics in the cryptocurrency market," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 322-335.
- Flori, Andrea, 2019. "News and subjective beliefs: A Bayesian approach to Bitcoin investments," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 336-356.
- Gil-Alana, Luis Alberiko & Abakah, Emmanuel Joel Aikins & Rojo, María Fátima Romero, 2020. "Cryptocurrencies and stock market indices. Are they related?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Lennart Ante, 2020. "A place next to Satoshi: foundations of blockchain and cryptocurrency research in business and economics," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 124(2), pages 1305-1333, August.
- Haffar, Adlane & Le Fur, Éric, 2022. "Time-varying dependence of Bitcoin," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 211-220.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Narayan, Seema & Eki Rahman, R. & Setiawan, Iwan, 2019. "Bitcoin price growth and Indonesia's monetary system," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 364-376.
- Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian & Urquhart, Andrew & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2019. "Cryptocurrencies as a financial asset: A systematic analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 182-199.
- Vahidin Jeleskovic & Mirko Meloni & Zahid Irshad Younas, 2020. "Cryptocurrencies: A Copula Based Approach for Asymmetric Risk Marginal Allocations," MAGKS Papers on Economics 202034, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Thomas Walther & Tony Klein, 2018. "Exogenous Drivers of Cryptocurrency Volatility - A Mixed Data Sampling Approach To Forecasting," Working Papers on Finance 1815, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- De Pace, Pierangelo & Rao, Jayant, 2020. "Comovement and Instability in Cryptocurrency Markets," Economics Department, Working Paper Series 1012, Economics Department, Pomona College, revised 14 Jan 2020.
- Dunbar, Kwamie & Owusu-Amoako, Johnson, 2022. "Cryptocurrency returns under empirical asset pricing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Liu, Weiyi, 2019. "Portfolio diversification across cryptocurrencies," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 200-205.
- Jiménez, Inés & Mora-Valencia, Andrés & Perote, Javier, 2022. "Semi-nonparametric risk assessment with cryptocurrencies," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Leandro Maciel, 2021. "Cryptocurrencies value‐at‐risk and expected shortfall: Do regime‐switching volatility models improve forecasting?," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 4840-4855, July.
- Katsiampa, Paraskevi & Corbet, Shaen & Lucey, Brian, 2019. "Volatility spillover effects in leading cryptocurrencies: A BEKK-MGARCH analysis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 68-74.
- Sokic, Alexandre, 2018. "Bitcoin and hyperdeflation : an optimizing monetary approach," MPRA Paper 90603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsVine Copula; Cryptocurrencies; Expected shortfall;
All these keywords.
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PAY-2018-09-24 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-RMG-2018-09-24 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:esprep:181878. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zbwkide.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zbwkide.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.