Fund manager duality: Impact on performance and investment behavior
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. " On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2004.
"Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(6), pages 1269-1295, December.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2002. "Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets," NBER Working Papers 9275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan B. Berk & Richard C. Green, 2002. "Mutual Fund Flows and Performance in Rational Markets," FAME Research Paper Series rp100, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Renée B. Adams & Heitor Almeida & Daniel Ferreira, 2005. "Powerful CEOs and Their Impact on Corporate Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1403-1432.
- Tufano, Peter & Sevick, Matthew, 1997. "Board structure and fee-setting in the U.S. mutual fund industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 321-355, December.
- Gottesman, Aron A. & Morey, Matthew R., 2006. "Manager education and mutual fund performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 145-182, March.
- Khorana, Ajay & Tufano, Peter & Wedge, Lei, 2007. "Board structure, mergers, and shareholder wealth: A study of the mutual fund industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 571-598, August.
- Joseph Chen & Harrison Hong & Ming Huang & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2004. "Does Fund Size Erode Mutual Fund Performance? The Role of Liquidity and Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1276-1302, December.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Khorana, Ajay & Servaes, Henri & Wedge, Lei, 2007. "Portfolio manager ownership and fund performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 179-204, July.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Yan, Xuemin (Sterling), 2007. "Do independent directors and chairmen matter? The role of boards of directors in mutual fund governance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 392-420, June.
- Cremers, Martijn & Driessen, Joost & Maenhout, Pascal & Weinbaum, David, 2009.
"Does Skin in the Game Matter? Director Incentives and Governance in the Mutual Fund Industry,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(06), pages 1345-1373, December.
- Martijn Cremers & Joost Driessen & Pascal Maenhout & David Weinbaum, 2005. "Does Skin in the Game Matter? Director Incentives and Governance in the Mutual Fund Industry," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2470, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Nov 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsFund manager duality; Fund governance; Agency conflicts; Mutual funds;
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cfrwps:1206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cfkoede.html .