The advent of corporate limited liability in Prussia 1843
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hickson, Charles R. & Turner, John D. & McCann, Claire, 2005. "Much ado about nothing: the limitation of liability and the market for 19th century Irish bank stock," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 459-476, July.
- Hickson, Charles R. & Turner, John D., 2003. "The Trading of Unlimited Liability Bank Shares in Nineteenth-Century Ireland: The Bagehot Hypothesis," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 63(04), pages 931-958, December.
- Turner, John D., 2009. "‘The last acre and sixpence’: views on bank liability regimes in nineteenth-century Britain," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 111-127, October.
- John D. Turner, 2009. "Wider share ownership?: investors in English and Welsh Bank shares in the nineteenth century -super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 62(s1), pages 167-192, August.
- Forbes, Kevin F, 1986. "Limited Liability and the Development of the Business Corporation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 163-177, Spring.
- Acheson, Graeme G. & Turner, John D., 2008. "The secondary market for bank shares in nineteenth-century Britain," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 123-151, October.
- Mark I. Weinstein, 2003. "Share Price Changes and the Arrival of Limited Liability in California," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Graeme G. Acheson & John D. Turner, 2006. "The impact of limited liability on ownership and control: Irish banking, 1877-1914 -super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 59(2), pages 320-346, May.
- Cordelius Ilgmann & Ulrich Suntum, 2008. "Ist die Finanzkrise eine Krise der Marktwirtschaft?," Wirtschaftsdienst, Springer;German National Library of Economics, vol. 88(11), pages 741-745, November.
- Ed Nosal & Michael Smart, 2007. "Limited liability and the development of capital markets," Working Paper 0703, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Acheson, Graeme G. & Turner, John D., 2008. "The death blow to unlimited liability in Victorian Britain: The City of Glasgow failure," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 235-253, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konov, Joshua Ioji, 2012. "Market Economy under Rapid Globalization and Rising Productivity," MPRA Paper 48750, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-11-28 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2011-11-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cawmdp:46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/camuede.html .