Heterogeneous expectations, learning and European inflation dynamics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcet, Albert & Sargent, Thomas J., 1989. "Convergence of least squares learning mechanisms in self-referential linear stochastic models," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 337-368, August.
- Christian Schumacher, 2007.
"Forecasting German GDP using alternative factor models based on large datasets,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 271-302.
- Schumacher, Christian, 2005. "Forecasting German GDP using alternative factor models based on large datasets," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2005,24, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2007.
"Sticky Information in General Equilibrium,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 5(2-3), pages 603-613, 04-05.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Ricardo Reis, 2006. "Sticky Information in General Equilibrium," NBER Working Papers 12605, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Reis, Ricardo, 2007. "Sticky Information in General Equilibrium," Scholarly Articles 3415323, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Albert Marcet & Juan P. Nicolini, 2003.
"Recurrent Hyperinflations and Learning,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1476-1498, December.
- Albert Marcet & Juan P. Nicolini, 1995. "Recurrent hyperinflations and learning," Economics Working Papers 244, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Nov 2001.
- Marcet, A. & Nicolini, J.P., 1997. "Recurrent Hyperinflations and Learning," Papers 9721, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Marcet, Albert & Nicolini, Juan Pablo, 1998. "Recurrent Hyperinflations and Learning," CEPR Discussion Papers 1875, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holden, K & Peel, D A, 1990. "On Testing for Unbiasedness and Efficiency of Forecasts," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(2), pages 120-127, June.
- Milani, Fabio, 2007.
"Expectations, learning and macroeconomic persistence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 2065-2082, October.
- Fabio Milani, 2005. "Expectations, Learning and Macroeconomic Persistence," Working Papers 050608, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Milani, 2005. "Expectations, Learning and Macroeconomic Persistence," Macroeconomics 0510022, EconWPA.
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:mes:postke:v:37:y:2014:i:2:p:255-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berardi, Michele & Galimberti, Jaqueson K., 2017. "Empirical calibration of adaptive learning," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 219-237.
- Michele Berardi & Jaqueson K. Galimberti, 2012. "On the plausibility of adaptive learning in macroeconomics: A puzzling conflict in the choice of the representative algorithm," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 177, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Steffen Henzel, 2008. "Learning Trend Inflation − Can Signal Extraction Explain Survey Forecasts?," ifo Working Paper Series 55, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Jaylson Jair da Silveira & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2014. "Heterogeneity in Inflation Expectations and Macroeconomic Stability under Satisficing Learning," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2014_28, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Mark Setterfield & Jaylson Jair da Silveira, 2014.
"Inflation Targeting and Macroeconomic Stability with Heterogeneous Inflation Expectations,"
Journal of Post Keynesian Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(2), pages 255-279, December.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima & Mark Setterfield, Jaylson Jair da Silveira, 2013. "Inflation Targeting and Macroeconomic Stability with Heterogeneous Inflation Expectations," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2013_11, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP), revised 25 Nov 2016.
- Carlos Huertas Campos & Eliana González Molano & Cristhian Ruiz Cardozo, 2015.
"La formación de expectativas de inflación en Colombia,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
012699, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Carlos Huertas Campos & Eliana González Molano & Cristhian Ruiz Cardozo, 2015. "La formación de expectativas de inflación en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 880, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
More about this item
KeywordsMonetary policy; heterogeneous expectations; adaptive learning; survey expectations;
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- E37 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2007-09-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2007-09-30 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2007-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-09-30 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdp1:6137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .