Optimal Savings Taxation when Individuals have Different CRRA Utility Functions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sören Blomquist & Vidar Christiansen, 2008.
"Taxation and Heterogeneous Preferences,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 64(2), pages 218-244, June.
- Blomquist, Sören & Christiansen, Vidar, 2004. "Taxation and Heterogeneous Preferences," Working Paper Series 2004:9, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Sören Blomquist & Vidar Christiansen, 2004. "Taxation and Heterogeneous Preferences," CESifo Working Paper Series 1244, CESifo Group Munich.
- Naito, Hisahiro, 1999. "Re-examination of uniform commodity taxes under a non-linear income tax system and its implication for production efficiency," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 165-188, February.
- Charles Blackorby & Craig Brett, 2004. "Production Efficiency and the Direct-Indirect Tax Mix," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(1), pages 165-180, February.
- Jang‐Ting Guo & Alan Krause, 2011.
"Optimal Nonlinear Income Taxation with Habit Formation,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 13(3), pages 463-480, June.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Alan Krause, 2008. "Optimal Nonlinear Income Taxation with Habit Formation," Working Papers 200810, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2008.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 2007. "The Race between Education and Technology: The Evolution of U.S. Educational Wage Differentials, 1890 to 2005," NBER Working Papers 12984, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Alan Krause, 2018.
"Changing social preferences and optimal redistributive taxation,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 73-92.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Alan Krause, 2015. "Changing Social Preferences and Optimal Redistributive Taxation," Working Papers 201512, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Alan Krause, 2015. "Changing Social Preferences and Optimal Redistributive Taxation," Discussion Papers 15/26, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Soriano-Morales, Yazmín Viridiana & Vallejo-Jiménez, Benjamín & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco, 2017. "Impact of the Degree of Relative Risk Aversion, the Interest Rate and the Exchange Rate Depreciation on Economic Welfare in a Small Open Economy," MPRA Paper 76441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSavings taxation; nonlinear income taxation; preference heterogeneity.;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2012-05-15 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2012-05-15 (Public Finance)
- NEP-UPT-2012-05-15 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:12/13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .