Bartlett-type Adjustments for Empirical Discrepancy Test Statistics
This paper derives two Bartlett-type adjustments that can be used to obtain higher-order improvements to the distribution of the class of empirical discrepancy test statistics recently introduced by Corcoran (1998) as a generalisation of Owen's (1988)empirical likelihood. The corrections are illustrated in the context of the so-called Cressie-Read goodness-of-fit statistic Baggerly, and their effectiveness in finite samples is evaluated using simulations.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0)1904 323776
Fax: (0)1904 323759
Web page: http://www.york.ac.uk/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francesco Bravo, 2003. "Second-order power comparisons for a class of nonparametric likelihood-based tests," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(4), pages 881-890, December.
- Song Chen, 1993. "On the accuracy of empirical likelihood confidence regions for linear regression model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 621-637, December.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1991. "Third-order asymptomic properties of a class of test statistics under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 223-238, May.
- Bruce Brown & Song Chen, 1998. "Combined and Least Squares Empirical Likelihood," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 697-714, December.
- Chen, S. X., 1994. "Comparing Empirical Likelihood and Bootstrap Hypothesis Tests," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 277-293, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:04/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.