Improved chi-squared tests for a composite hypothesis
The Bartlett-type adjustment is a higher-order asymptotic method for improving the chi-squared approximation to the null distributions of various test statistics. Though three influential papers were published in 1991—Chandra and Mukerjee (1991) , Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991)  and Taniguchi (1991)  in alphabetical order, the only CF-approach has been frequently applied in the literature during the last two decades, provided that asymptotic expansion for the null distribution of a given test statistic is available. Revisiting the CM/T-approaches developed in the absence of a nuisance parameter, this paper suggests general adjustments for a class of test statistics that includes, in particular, the likelihood ratio, Rao’s and Wald’s test statistics in the presence of a nuisance parameter.
Volume (Year): 107 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide & Iwashita, Toshiya, 2008. "A comparison of higher-order local powers of a class of one-way MANOVA tests under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1128-1153, July.
- Li, Xiao & Wu, Yaohua & Tu, Dongsheng, 2008. "A Bartlett type correction for Wald test in Cox regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(16), pages 2614-2622, November.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1988. "Asymptotic expansions of the distributions of some test statistics for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 494-511, November.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2011. "Improved additive adjustments for the LR/ELR test statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1245-1255, August.
- Audrey Cysneiros & Katya Rodrigues & Gauss Cordeiro & Silvia Ferrari, 2010. "Three Bartlett-type corrections for score statistics in symmetric nonlinear regression models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 273-284, June.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2010. "Comparison of Bartlett-type adjusted tests in the multiparameter case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1638-1655, August.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1991. "Third-order asymptomic properties of a class of test statistics under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 223-238, May.
- Gauss M. Cordeiro & Denise A. Botter & Lúcia P. Barroso & Silvia L. P. Ferrari, 2003. "Three Corrected Score Tests for Generalized Linear Models with Dispersion Covariates," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(4), pages 391-409.
- Takesi Hayakawa, 1977. "The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 29(1), pages 359-378, December.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Colosimo, Enrico A., 1999. "Corrected score tests for exponential censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 365-373, October.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2009. "Third-order power comparisons for a class of tests for multivariate linear hypothesis under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 473-496, March.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:107:y:2012:i:c:p:141-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.