Improved chi-squared tests for a composite hypothesis
The Bartlett-type adjustment is a higher-order asymptotic method for improving the chi-squared approximation to the null distributions of various test statistics. Though three influential papers were published in 1991—Chandra and Mukerjee (1991) , Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991)  and Taniguchi (1991)  in alphabetical order, the only CF-approach has been frequently applied in the literature during the last two decades, provided that asymptotic expansion for the null distribution of a given test statistic is available. Revisiting the CM/T-approaches developed in the absence of a nuisance parameter, this paper suggests general adjustments for a class of test statistics that includes, in particular, the likelihood ratio, Rao’s and Wald’s test statistics in the presence of a nuisance parameter.
Volume (Year): 107 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Xiao & Wu, Yaohua & Tu, Dongsheng, 2008. "A Bartlett type correction for Wald test in Cox regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(16), pages 2614-2622, November.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide & Iwashita, Toshiya, 2008. "A comparison of higher-order local powers of a class of one-way MANOVA tests under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1128-1153, July.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2011. "Improved additive adjustments for the LR/ELR test statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1245-1255, August.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Gauss M. Cordeiro & Denise A. Botter & Lúcia P. Barroso & Silvia L. P. Ferrari, 2003. "Three Corrected Score Tests for Generalized Linear Models with Dispersion Covariates," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(4), pages 391-409.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Colosimo, Enrico A., 1999. "Corrected score tests for exponential censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 365-373, October.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2010. "Comparison of Bartlett-type adjusted tests in the multiparameter case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1638-1655, August.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1988. "Asymptotic expansions of the distributions of some test statistics for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 494-511, November.
- Takesi Hayakawa, 1977. "The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 29(1), pages 359-378, December.
- Audrey Cysneiros & Katya Rodrigues & Gauss Cordeiro & Silvia Ferrari, 2010. "Three Bartlett-type corrections for score statistics in symmetric nonlinear regression models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 273-284, June.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2009. "Third-order power comparisons for a class of tests for multivariate linear hypothesis under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 473-496, March.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1991. "Third-order asymptomic properties of a class of test statistics under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 223-238, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:107:y:2012:i:c:p:141-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.