Improved chi-squared tests for a composite hypothesis
The Bartlett-type adjustment is a higher-order asymptotic method for improving the chi-squared approximation to the null distributions of various test statistics. Though three influential papers were published in 1991—Chandra and Mukerjee (1991) , Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991)  and Taniguchi (1991)  in alphabetical order, the only CF-approach has been frequently applied in the literature during the last two decades, provided that asymptotic expansion for the null distribution of a given test statistic is available. Revisiting the CM/T-approaches developed in the absence of a nuisance parameter, this paper suggests general adjustments for a class of test statistics that includes, in particular, the likelihood ratio, Rao’s and Wald’s test statistics in the presence of a nuisance parameter.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 107 (2012)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takesi Hayakawa, 1977. "The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 29(1), pages 359-378, December.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2009. "Third-order power comparisons for a class of tests for multivariate linear hypothesis under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 473-496, March.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2011. "Improved additive adjustments for the LR/ELR test statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1245-1255, August.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1988. "Asymptotic expansions of the distributions of some test statistics for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 494-511, November.
- Gauss M. Cordeiro & Denise A. Botter & Lúcia P. Barroso & Silvia L. P. Ferrari, 2003. "Three Corrected Score Tests for Generalized Linear Models with Dispersion Covariates," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 57(4), pages 391-409.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2010. "Comparison of Bartlett-type adjusted tests in the multiparameter case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1638-1655, August.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1991. "Third-order asymptomic properties of a class of test statistics under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 223-238, May.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Audrey Cysneiros & Katya Rodrigues & Gauss Cordeiro & Silvia Ferrari, 2010. "Three Bartlett-type corrections for score statistics in symmetric nonlinear regression models," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 273-284, June.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide & Iwashita, Toshiya, 2008. "A comparison of higher-order local powers of a class of one-way MANOVA tests under general distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(6), pages 1128-1153, July.
- Cordeiro, Gauss M. & Colosimo, Enrico A., 1999. "Corrected score tests for exponential censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 365-373, October.
- Li, Xiao & Wu, Yaohua & Tu, Dongsheng, 2008. "A Bartlett type correction for Wald test in Cox regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(16), pages 2614-2622, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:107:y:2012:i:c:p:141-161. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.