Generalized Cordeiro–Ferrari Bartlett-type adjustment
The Bartlett-type adjustment is a higher-order asymptotic method for reducing the errors of the chi-squared approximations to the null distributions of various test statistics, which ensures that the resulting test has size α+o(N−1), where 0<α<1 is the significance level and N is the sample size. Recently, Kakizawa (2012) has revisited the Chandra–Mukerjee/Taniguchi adjustments in a unified way, since Chandra and Mukerjee (1991) and Taniguchi (1991b) originally considered the test of the simple null hypothesis, except for Mukerjee (1992). This paper considers a generalization of the adjustment due to Cordeiro and Ferrari (1991).
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1988. "Asymptotic expansions of the distributions of some test statistics for Gaussian ARMA processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 494-511, November.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2011. "Improved additive adjustments for the LR/ELR test statistics," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(8), pages 1245-1255, August.
- Mukerjee, Rahul, 1992. "Parametric orthogonality and a Bartlett-type modification for Rao's statistic in the presence of a nuisance parameter," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 397-400, April.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2010. "Comparison of Bartlett-type adjusted tests in the multiparameter case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1638-1655, August.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu, 1991. "Third-order asymptomic properties of a class of test statistics under a local alternative," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 223-238, May.
- Takesi Hayakawa, 1977. "The likelihood ratio criterion and the asymptotic expansion of its distribution," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 29(1), pages 359-378, December.
- Magdalinos, Michael A., 1992. "Stochastic Expansions and Asymptotic Approximations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 343-367, September.
- Kakizawa, Yoshihide, 2012. "Improved chi-squared tests for a composite hypothesis," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 141-161.
- Chandra, Tapas K. & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1991. "Bartlett-type modification for Rao's efficient score statistic," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 103-112, January.
- Rao, C. Radhakrishna & Mukerjee, Rahul, 1997. "Comparison of LR, Score, and Wald Tests in a Non-IID Setting," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 99-110, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:11:p:2008-2016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.