The Economic Value of Biochar in Crop Production and Carbon Sequestration
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Galinato, Suzette P. & Yoder, Jonathan K. & Granatstein, David, 2011. "The economic value of biochar in crop production and carbon sequestration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6344-6350, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenig, P., 2011. "Modelling Correlation in Carbon and Energy Markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1123, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Johannes Lehmann & John Gaunt & Marco Rondon, 2006. "Bio-char Sequestration in Terrestrial Ecosystems – A Review," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 395-419, March.
- Maria Mansanet-Bataller & Angel Pardo & Enric Valor, 2007. "CO2 Prices, Energy and Weather," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 73-92.
- Mathews, John A., 2008. "Carbon-negative biofuels," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 940-945, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lydia Fryda & Rianne Visser, 2015. "Biochar for Soil Improvement: Evaluation of Biochar from Gasification and Slow Pyrolysis," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-40, November.
- Nguyen, Thu Lan T. & Hermansen, John E. & Mogensen, Lisbeth, 2013. "Environmental performance of crop residues as an energy source for electricity production: The case of wheat straw in Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 633-641.
- Brown, Tristan R. & Thilakaratne, Rajeeva & Brown, Robert C. & Hu, Guiping, 2013. "Regional differences in the economic feasibility of advanced biorefineries: Fast pyrolysis and hydroprocessing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 234-243.
- Taras Lychuk & Roberto Izaurralde & Robert Hill & William McGill & Jimmy Williams, 2015. "Biochar as a global change adaptation: predicting biochar impacts on crop productivity and soil quality for a tropical soil with the Environmental Policy Integrated Climate (EPIC) model," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 20(8), pages 1437-1458, December.
- repec:eee:energy:v:140:y:2017:i:p1:p:415-425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Wei-Cheng, 2016. "Techno-economic analysis of a bio-refinery process for producing Hydro-processed Renewable Jet fuel from Jatropha," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 63-73.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:732-742 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kong, Sieng-Huat & Loh, Soh-Kheang & Bachmann, Robert Thomas & Rahim, Sahibin Abdul & Salimon, Jumat, 2014. "Biochar from oil palm biomass: A review of its potential and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 729-739.
More about this item
KeywordsBiochar; Carbon sequestration; Crop; Farm profitability; Soil amendment;
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-03-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2010-03-13 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-03-13 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsu:wpaper:sgalinato-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Danielle Engelhardt). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecwsuus.html .