Canadian And Us Health Care Systems Performance And Governance: Elements Of Convergence
International comparisons of the organization and performance of health care sectors are increasingly informing policy makers about potential policies relating to the cost of, and access to, health care. Perhaps nowhere have such comparisons featured as prominently as in North America. In debates on health care policy reform politicians, academics and critics in both the United States and Canada have compared the development, funding and delivery systems in the two countries. The inferences drawn from these comparisons are frequently used in recommendations to modify each system.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph Stiglitz, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 629-649.
- Frank J. Chaloupka & Kenneth E. Warner, 1999.
"The Economics of Smoking,"
NBER Working Papers
7047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R, 1994. "An Introduction to Evolutionary Theories in Economics," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 153-72, September.
- Eugene M. Lewit & Douglas Coate & Michael Grossman, 1981.
"The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking,"
NBER Working Papers
0655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lewit, Eugene M & Coate, Douglas & Grossman, Michael, 1981. "The Effects of Government Regulation on Teenage Smoking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 545-69, December.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-49, June.
- Wasserman, Jeffrey & Manning, Willard G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Winkler, John D., 1991. "The effects of excise taxes and regulations on cigarette smoking," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-64, May.
- Barton H. Hamilton & Vivian Ho & Dana P. Goldman, 2000. "Queuing for Surgery: Is the U.S. or Canada Worse Off?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(2), pages 297-308, May.
- Leighton Ku & Marilyn Ellwood & Sheila Hoag & Barbara Ormond & Judith Wooldridge, . "Evolution of Medicaid Managed Care Systems and Eligibility Expansions," Mathematica Policy Research Reports fe1cf25ffa084e74bf23a4ad7, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1995. "Recent Evolutionary Theorizing about Economic Change," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 48-90, March.
- Uwe E. Reinhardt, 2000. "Health Care for the Aging Baby Boom: Lessons from Abroad," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 71-83, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0404003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.