Firms, the Framework Convention on Climate Change and the EU Emissions Trading System
This paper analyses which likely effects international co-operation on climate change, the emissions trading directive of the European Union currently introduced and the tradable emissions permit systems specified under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (FCCC) will have on energy management strategies of European firms. Based on this analysis, the paper concludes about the joint effect of these and describes and discusses different possible reactions of firms in terms of their energy management strategies. The paper closes with general remarks on international climate policy co-operation and assesses if the instruments implemented so far are sufficient for an optimal climate policy.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eyre, Nick, 1997. "External costs : What do they mean for energy policy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 85-95, January.
- Clarke, R. & Winters, L.A. & Boero, G., 1993. "Controlling Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Global Macroeconomic Studies - REVISED-," Discussion Papers 93-18, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Wu, JunJie & Babcock, Bruce A., 1999. "The Relative Efficiency of Voluntary vs Mandatory Environmental Regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 158-175, September.
- Sutherland, Ronald J, 1996. "The economics of energy conservation policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 361-370, April.
- Richels, Richard & Edmonds, Jae, 1995. "The economics of stabilizing atmospheric CO2 concentrations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4-5), pages 373-378.
- Sanstad, Alan H. & Howarth, Richard B., 1994. "`Normal' markets, market imperfections and energy efficiency," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 811-818, October.
- Matsuo, Naoki, 1997. "A proposal for the Protocol(s) on climate change : For the innovative and substantial quantified objectives," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 173-184, February.
- Grubb, Michael, 1997. "Technologies, energy systems and the timing of CO2 emissions abatement : An overview of economic issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 159-172, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpot:0407001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.