Imperfect competition à la Negishi also with fixed costs
The paper studies equilibria for economies with imperfect competition and non-convex technologies. Following Negishi firms maximise profits under downward-sloping perceived demand functions. Negishi's assumptions, in particular the assumption of a single monopolistic competitor in each market, are relaxed. Existence of equilibria is obtained, under otherwise standard assumptions, for production sets defined in each firm by the union of a convex technology and a technology subjected to fixed costs. In the light of a counterexample it is assumed that fixed factors are distinct from variable factors. Technically the proof rests on pricing rules.
|Date of creation:||07 Apr 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on Tex; pages: 30; figures: included. to appear in JME|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986.
"Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1986007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 119-147, April.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Bernard Cornet, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00187223, HAL.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, . "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers RP 814, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-66, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0304003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.