Imperfect competition à la Negishi, also with fixed costs
The paper studies equilibria for economies with imperfect competition and non-convex technologies. Following Negishi, firms maximise profits under downward-sloping perceived demand functions. Negishi's assumptions, in particular the assumption of a single monopolistic competitor in each market, are relaxed. Existence of equilibria is obtained, under otherwisestandard assumptions, for productions sets defined in each firm by the union of a convex technology and a technology subject to fixed costs. In the light of a counterexample, it is assumed that fixed factors are distinct from variable factors. Technically, the proof rests on pricing rules.
|Date of creation:||00 Dec 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Bernard Cornet, 1988.
"Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Cornet, Bernard, 1988. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 119-147, April.
- BONNISSEAU, Jean-Marc & CORNET, Bernard, . "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers RP 814, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bonnisseau, J.-M. & Cornet, B., 1986. "Existence of equilibria when firms follow bounded losses pricing rules," CORE Discussion Papers 1986007, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-66, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2002078. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.