The Logarithm Model of Development Power: A Tool to Analyze the Motivity of Economic Growth
After the discussions to exponential and power model [F. Dai, 2005], this paper points out there are three kinds of basic modes in the macroeconomic process, i.e., the exponential, power and logarithm mode, and discusses the logarithm model of Development Power (DP). By the analysis on logarithm model of DP, we will see the reasons, of which there are anomaly cycles in economic process, are just the alternate motion of DP accumulating and releasing. And that is also the reasons that there are the economic fluctuations in production markets. The logarithm model of DP can also describe the different characters of DP motion at the different stage, and indicates in analytic way that the diffusion of DP and the diversifications of economic productivity also might occur after an economic recession. The empirical researches are done about the conclusions in this paper, and the results express that the logarithm model is better than the power model and exponential model of DP in many cases. These three models of DP can not be replaced one another.
|Date of creation:||24 May 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 16. This is the sixth of working papers for researches about Development Power (DP)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S251-78, October.
- Plosser, C.I., 1989.
"Understanding Real Business Cycles,"
89-03, Rochester, Business - General.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Feng Dai & Ying Wang & Zifu Qin, 2005. "Development Power and Its Power Model: The Analytic Approach for Continuous Motivity of Economic Growth," Macroeconomics 0505016, EconWPA.
- Paul Romer, 1989.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
NBER Working Papers
3210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- feng dai & Jianqiang Liu, 2004.
"Development Power and Derivative Process: A Mode and Theory for Macroeconomy Analysis,"
- Feng Dai, 2004. "Development Power and Derivative Process-A Model and Theory for Macroeconomy Analysis," Macroeconomics 0405013, EconWPA.
- Feng Dai & Bao- hua Sun & Jie Sun, 2004.
"Derivative Process Model of Development Power in Industry: Empirical Research and Forecast for Chinese Software Industry and US Economy,"
- Feng Dai & Bao- hua Sun & Jie Sun, 2004. "Derivative Process Model of Development Power in Industry: Empirical Research and Forecast for Chinese Software Industry and US Economy," Macroeconomics 0405025, EconWPA, revised 07 Jun 2004.
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Cake Eating, Chattering, and Jumps: Existence Results for Variational Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 897-908, July.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-70, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1986. "Fairness and the Assumptions of Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S285-300, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0505022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.