Observations On The Transmission Of Business Fluctuations: The Case Of Latin America 1972-1989
The business cycle spreads from one country to the next to the extent that there is international trade, international investment, and international financial linkages. Since the Latin American countries are closely linked to the US economy, there should be a close parallel between the performance of the US economy and the economies of Latin America. Under consideration is the extent to which these countries were vulnerable or somewhat less than expected vulnerable to the forces at work in the US economy. The period 1972-1989 is the historical time frame under investigation. Given a changing world economy by the end of the 1980s, generalizations resulting from this study are limited to the study period.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fairise, Xavier & Langot, Francois, 1994. "Labor productivity and the business cycle: Can R.B.C. models be saved?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1581-1594, October.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1984. "Money, Credit and Interest Rates in the Business Cycle," NBER Working Papers 1482, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo, 1983. "Trying to Stabilize: Some Theoretical Reflections Based on the Case of Argentina," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Policies and the World Capital Market: The Problem of Latin American Countries, pages 199-220 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Detragiache, Enrica, 1992. "Optimal loan contracts and floating-rate debt in international lending to LDCs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1241-1261, August.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1986. "Money, Credit, and Interest Rates in the Business Cycle," NBER Chapters, in: The American Business Cycle: Continuity and Change, pages 395-458 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1991. "Economic Perspectives on Privatization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 111-132, Spring.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Girardin, Michel, 1989. "Business cycles in Switzerland : A comparative study," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 31-50, January.
- Faini, Riccardo & Clavijo, Fernando & Senhadji-Semlali, Abdel, 1992. "The fallacy of composition argument : Is it relevant for LDCs' manufactures exports?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 865-882, May.
- Nuti, Domenico Mario, 1989. "Remonetisation and capital markets in the reform of centrally planned economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 427-438, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0411014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.