Causal Relationships Between Exchange Rates And Stock Prices In Malaysia And Thailand During The 1997 Currency Crisis Turmoil
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Issam Abdalla & Victor Murinde, 1997. "Exchange rate and stock price interactions in emerging financial markets: evidence on India, Korea, Pakistan and the Philippines," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 25-35.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & M. Masih, A. Mansur & Azali, M., 2002. "The stock market and the ringgit exchange rate: a note," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 471-486, December.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Irandoust, Manuchehr, 2002. "On the Causality between Exchange Rates and Stock Prices: A Note," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 197-203, April.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Huangb, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei, 2000.
"A bivariate causality between stock prices and exchange rates: evidence from recent Asianflu,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 337-354.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin W., 1998. "A Bivariate Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates: Evidence from Recent Asia Flu," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9bk607p6, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- R. Smyth & M. Nandha, 2003. "Bivariate causality between exchange rates and stock prices in South Asia," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(11), pages 699-704.
- Richard A. Ajayi & Mbodja Mougouė, 1996. "On The Dynamic Relation Between Stock Prices And Exchange Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 193-207, June.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1972. "Money, Income, and Causality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 540-552, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu Hsing, 2015. "Short-Run Determinants of the USD/MYR Exchange Rate," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(1), pages 97-105.
- Lumengo Bonga-Bonga & Jamela Hoveni, 2013. "Volatility Spillovers between the Equity Market and Foreign Exchange Market in South Africa in the 1995-2010 Period," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 81(2), pages 260-274, June.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2013. "Impact of the foreign exchange rates fluctuations on returns and volatility of the Bucharest Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 47229, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsGranger causality; exchange rates; stock prices; Malaysia; Thailand.;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2004-05-26 (Finance)
- NEP-IFN-2004-05-26 (International Finance)
- NEP-SEA-2004-05-26 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0405015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.