On the Causality between Exchange Rates and Stock Prices: A Note
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoon, Gawon, 2003. "A simple model that generates stylized facts of returns," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt0q3576s4, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Raphael Markellos & Terence Mills, 2003. "Asset pricing dynamics," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 533-556.
- Raphael Markellos & Terence Mills, 2001. "Unit roots in the CAPM?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(8), pages 499-502.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leybourne, S J & McCabe, B P M & Tremayne, A R, 1996. "Can Economic Time Series Be Differenced to Stationarity?," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 435-446, October.
- Karim Maher Abadir, 2004.
"Cointegration Theory, Equilibrium and Disequilibrium Economics,"
University of Manchester, vol. 72(1), pages 60-71, January.
- Abadir, Karim & Larsson, R., 1994. "Cointegration Theory, Equilibrium and Disequilibrium Economics," Discussion Papers 9407, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2004.
"Bad Beta, Good Beta,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1249-1275, December.
- John Y. Campbell & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2002. "Bad Beta, Good Beta," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1971, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Campbell, John & Vuolteenaho, Tuomo, 2004. "Bad Beta, Good Beta," Scholarly Articles 3122489, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2003. "Bad Beta, Good Beta," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2016, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- John Y. Campbell & Tuomo Vuolteenaho, 2003. "Bad Beta, Good Beta," NBER Working Papers 9509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shiqing Ling, 2004. "Estimation and testing stationarity for double-autoregressive models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 63-78.
- Wu, Jyh-Lin & Chen, Show-Lin, 1997. "Can nominal exchange rates be differenced to stationarity?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 397-402, September.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Swanson, Norman R., 1997. "An introduction to stochastic unit-root processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 35-62, September.
- Taylor, A M Robert & van Dijk, Dick, 2002. " Can Tests for Stochastic Unit Roots Provide Useful Portmanteau Tests for Persistence?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(4), pages 381-397, September.
- Robert Sollis & Paul Newbold & Stephen Leybourne, 2000. "Stochastic unit roots modelling of stock price indices," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 311-315.
- Mehmet Caner & Bruce E. Hansen, 2001. "Threshold Autoregression with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1555-1596, November.
- Anderson, H.M. & Granger, C.W.G. & Hall, A.D., 1990. "Treasury Bi;; Yield Curves And Cointegration," Papers 215, Australian National University - Department of Economics.
- Brendan McCabe & Stephen Leybourne & David Harris, 2003. "Testing for Stochastic Cointegration and Evidence for Present Value Models," Econometrics 0311009, EconWPA.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- J. M. Marriott & J. C. Naylor & A. R. Tremayne, 2003. "Exploring economic time series: a Bayesian graphical approach," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 124-145, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Razvan STEFANESCU & Ramona DUMITRIU, 2009. "Impact of the Global Crisis on the Financial Linkages between the Stock Market and the Foreign Exchange Market from Romania," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 255-270.
- Tsai, I-Chun, 2012. "The relationship between stock price index and exchange rate in Asian markets: A quantile regression approach," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 609-621.
- Moore, Tomoe & Wang, Ping, 2014. "Dynamic linkage between real exchange rates and stock prices: Evidence from developed and emerging Asian markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 1-11.
- Tran Quang Huy, 2016. "The Linkage Between Exchange Rates and Stock Prices: Evidence from Vietnam," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(7), pages 363-373, July.
- Abdulnasser Hatemi-J & Eduardo Roca, 2005. "Exchange rates and stock prices interaction during good and bad times: evidence from the ASEAN4 countries," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 539-546.
- D. Sornette & W. -X. Zhou, 2004. "Non-parametric Determination of Real-Time Lag Structure between Two Time Series: the "Optimal Thermal Causal Path" Method," Papers cond-mat/0408166, arXiv.org.
- Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Costas Siriopoulos, 2016. "Stock markets and effective exchange rates in European countries: threshold cointegration findings," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(2), pages 215-274, August.
- Huzaimi Hussain & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2004. "Causal Relationships Between Exchange Rates And Stock Prices In Malaysia And Thailand During The 1997 Currency Crisis Turmoil," International Finance 0405015, EconWPA.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Kohli, Deepti, 2013. "Modeling exchange rate dynamics in India using stock market indices and macroeconomic variables," MPRA Paper 45816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ho, Liang-Chun & Huang, Chia-Hsing, 2015. "The nonlinear relationships between stock indexes and exchange rates," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 20-27.
- Stefanescu, Razvan & Dumitriu, Ramona, 2013. "Impact of the foreign exchange rates fluctuations on returns and volatility of the Bucharest Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 47229, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2013.
- Rashid, Abdul, 2007. "Exchange rates or stock prices, what causes what: A firm level empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 27209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christos Kollias & Nikolaos Mylonidis & Suzanna-Maria Paleologou, 2012. "The nexus between exchange rates and stock markets: evidence from the euro-dollar rate and composite European stock indices using rolling analysis," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 36(1), pages 136-147, January.
- Tsagkanos, Athanasios & Siriopoulos, Costas, 2013. "A long-run relationship between stock price index and exchange rate: A structural nonparametric cointegrating regression approach," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 106-118.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:buecrs:v:54:y:2002:i:2:p:197-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.