Socioeconomic Status and Racial and Ethnic Differences in Functional Status Associated with Chronic Diseases
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kington, R.S. & Smith, J.P., 1997. "Socioeconomic status and racial and ethnic differences in functional status associated with chronic diseases," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 87(5), pages 805-810.
References listed on IDEAS
- Behrman, Jere R. & Sickles, Robin & Taubman, Paul & Yazbeck, Abdo, 1991. "Black-white mortality inequalities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 183-203, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bowen, Mary Elizabeth, 2009. "Childhood socioeconomic status and racial differences in disability: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study (1998-2006)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 433-441, August.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2010.
"Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review,"
21553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stavros A. Drakopoulos, 2010. "Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah, 2010. "Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 240-250, January.
- S.A. Drakopoulos & E. Lakioti & I. Theodossiou, 2011. "Childhood socioeconomic deprivation and later adulthood health," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Hajat, A. & Kaufman, J.S. & Rose, K.M. & Siddiqi, A. & Thomas, J.C., 2010. "Do the wealthy have a health advantage? Cardiovascular disease risk factors and wealth," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(11), pages 1935-1942, December.
- Thorpe Jr., Roland James & Kasper, Judith D. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Frick, Kevin D. & Fried, Linda P. & Simonsick, Eleanor M., 2008. "Relationship of race and poverty to lower extremity function and decline: Findings from the women's health and aging study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 811-821, February.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Lakioti, E & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2008. "The Effect of Childhood Economic Deprivation on Physical and Psychological health Status," MPRA Paper 10438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Lee & James P. Smith & Raynard S. Kington, 2004. "The Associations Between Self-Rated Vision and Hearing and Functional Status in Middle Age," HEW 0402002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P., 2011. "The increasing value of education to health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(10), pages 1728-1737, May.
- Fothergill, Kate E. & Ensminger, Margaret E. & Robertson, Judy & Green, Kerry M. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Juon, Hee-Soon, 2011. "Effects of social integration on health: A prospective study of community engagement among African American women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 291-298, January.
- Alvin Headen & Kenneth Manton & Max Woodbury, 2004. "Co-morbidity and black and white disparities in health and functional status," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 9-33, June.
- Seeman, Teresa & Merkin, Sharon S. & Crimmins, Eileen & Koretz, Brandon & Charette, Susan & Karlamangla, Arun, 2008. "Education, income and ethnic differences in cumulative biological risk profiles in a national sample of US adults: NHANES III (1988-1994)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 72-87, January.
More about this item
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2004-03-07 (Education)
- NEP-HEA-2004-03-07 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:0403002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.