Socioeconomic Status and Racial and Ethnic Differences in Functional Status Associated with Chronic Diseases
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kington, R.S. & Smith, J.P., 1997. "Socioeconomic status and racial and ethnic differences in functional status associated with chronic diseases," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 87(5), pages 805-810.
References listed on IDEAS
- Behrman, Jere R. & Sickles, Robin & Taubman, Paul & Yazbeck, Abdo, 1991. "Black-white mortality inequalities," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 183-203, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- S.A. Drakopoulos & E. Lakioti & I. Theodossiou, 2011. "Childhood socioeconomic deprivation and later adulthood health," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(1), pages 23-38, January.
- Hajat, A. & Kaufman, J.S. & Rose, K.M. & Siddiqi, A. & Thomas, J.C., 2010. "Do the wealthy have a health advantage? Cardiovascular disease risk factors and wealth," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(11), pages 1935-1942, December.
- Bowen, Mary Elizabeth, 2009. "Childhood socioeconomic status and racial differences in disability: Evidence from the Health and Retirement Study (1998-2006)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 433-441, August.
- Thorpe Jr., Roland James & Kasper, Judith D. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Frick, Kevin D. & Fried, Linda P. & Simonsick, Eleanor M., 2008. "Relationship of race and poverty to lower extremity function and decline: Findings from the women's health and aging study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 811-821, February.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Lakioti, E & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2008. "The Effect of Childhood Economic Deprivation on Physical and Psychological health Status," MPRA Paper 10438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul Lee & James P. Smith & Raynard S. Kington, 2004. "The Associations Between Self-Rated Vision and Hearing and Functional Status in Middle Age," HEW 0402002, EconWPA.
- Goldman, Dana & Smith, James P., 2011. "The increasing value of education to health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(10), pages 1728-1737, May.
- Fothergill, Kate E. & Ensminger, Margaret E. & Robertson, Judy & Green, Kerry M. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Juon, Hee-Soon, 2011. "Effects of social integration on health: A prospective study of community engagement among African American women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 291-298, January.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A., 2010.
"Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review,"
21553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stavros A. Drakopoulos, 2010. "Economic Policies, Socieconomic Factors and Overall Health: A Short Review," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2010_13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Haas, Steven & Rohlfsen, Leah, 2010. "Life course determinants of racial and ethnic disparities in functional health trajectories," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 240-250, January.
- Alvin Headen & Kenneth Manton & Max Woodbury, 2004. "Co-morbidity and black and white disparities in health and functional status," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 9-33, June.
- Seeman, Teresa & Merkin, Sharon S. & Crimmins, Eileen & Koretz, Brandon & Charette, Susan & Karlamangla, Arun, 2008. "Education, income and ethnic differences in cumulative biological risk profiles in a national sample of US adults: NHANES III (1988-1994)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 72-87, January.
More about this item
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2004-03-07 (Education)
- NEP-HEA-2004-03-07 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwphe:0403002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .