Forecasting Performance of Logistic STAR Exchange Rate Model: The Original and Reparameterised Versions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Lau, Sie-Hoe, 2002. "Forecasting performance of Logistic STAR exchange rate model: The original and reparameterised versions," MPRA Paper 511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terasvirta, T & Anderson, H M, 1992. "Characterizing Nonlinearities in Business Cycles Using Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(S), pages 119-136, Suppl. De.
- Álvaro Escribano & Oscar Jordá, 2001.
"Testing nonlinearity: Decision rules for selecting between logistic and exponential STAR models,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 193-209.
- Escribano, Álvaro & Jordá, Óscar, 1994. "Testing nonlinearity: decision rules for selecting between logistic and exponential star models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 3957, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Escribano, Álvaro & Jordá, Óscar, 1997. "Testing nonlinearity: decision rules for selecting between logistic and exponential star models," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS 6216, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshahb & Evan Laub, 2004. "Nonlinear Adjustment towards Purchasing Power Parity in ASEAN Exchange Rates," The IUP Journal of Applied Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(6), pages 7-18, November.
- Taylor, Mark P. & Peel, David A., 2000. "Nonlinear adjustment, long-run equilibrium and exchange rate fundamentals," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Taylor, Mark P. & Sarno, Lucio, 1998.
"The behavior of real exchange rates during the post-Bretton Woods period,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 281-312, December.
- Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 1997. "The Behaviour of Real Exchange Rates During the Post-Bretton Woods Period," CEPR Discussion Papers 1730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Meese, Richard A & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1988.
" Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Relation over the Modern Floating-Rate Period,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 933-948, September.
- Meese, R. & Rogoff, K., 1988. "Was It Real? The Exchange Rate-Interest Differential Ralation Over The Modern Floating-Rate Period," Working papers 368, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Baum, Christopher F. & Barkoulas, John T. & Caglayan, Mustafa, 2001.
"Nonlinear adjustment to purchasing power parity in the post-Bretton Woods era,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Christopher F. Baum & Mustafa Caglayan & John Barkoulas, 1998. "Nonlinear Adjustment to Purchasing Power Parity in the post-Bretton Woods Era," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 404., Boston College Department of Economics, revised 16 Nov 1999.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McMillan, David G., 2009. "The confusing time-series behaviour of real exchange rates: Are asymmetries important?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 692-711, October.
- Derek Bond & Michael J. Harrison & Edward J. O'Brien, 2006. "Purchasing Power Parity: The Irish Experience Re-visited," Trinity Economics Papers tep200615, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lin, Jeng-Bau & Liang, Chin-Chia & Yeh, Ming-Liang, 2011. "Examining nonlinear dynamics of exchange rates and forecasting performance based on the exchange rate parity of four Asian economies," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 79-85, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLSTAR; ESTAR; forecasting accuracy; nonlinear; exchange rate;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpge:0308001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.