Implied Calibration of Stochastic Volatility Jump Diffusion Models
In the context of arbitrage-free modelling of financial derivatives, we introduce a novel calibration technique for models in the affine- quadratic class for the purpose of contingent claims pricing and risk- management. In particular, we aim at calibrating a stochastic volatility jump diffusion model to the whole market volatility surface at any given time. We numerically implement the algorithm and show that the proposed approach is both stable and accurate.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2002.
"An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1239-1284, 06.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2001. "An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models," NBER Working Papers 8510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bjørn Eraker & Michael Johannes & Nicholas Polson, 2003. "The Impact of Jumps in Volatility and Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1269-1300, 06.
- Olivier Scaillet., 2003. "Linear-Quadratic Jump-Diffusion Modelling with Application to Stochastic Volatility," THEMA Working Papers 2003-29, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Matthias R. Fengler, 2005.
"Arbitrage-Free Smoothing of the Implied Volatility Surface,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2005-019, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Matthias Fengler, 2009. "Arbitrage-free smoothing of the implied volatility surface," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 417-428.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 69-107.
- David Backus & Silverio Foresi & Liuren Wu, 2002. "Accouting for Biases in Black-Scholes," Finance 0207008, EconWPA.
- Pan, Jun, 2002. "The jump-risk premia implicit in options: evidence from an integrated time-series study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 3-50, January.
- Jones, Christopher S., 2003. "The dynamics of stochastic volatility: evidence from underlying and options markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 181-224.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 2002.
"Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamics,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
- Leif Andersen & Jesper Andreasen, 2000. "Jump-Diffusion Processes: Volatility Smile Fitting and Numerical Methods for Option Pricing," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 231-262, October.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 1999. "A New Class of Stochastic Volatility Models with Jumps: Theory and Estimation," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-48, CIRANO.
- Stein, Elias M & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991. "Stock Price Distributions with Stochastic Volatility: An Analytic Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 727-52.
- Monika Piazzesi, 2001. "An Econometric Model of the Yield Curve with Macroeconomic Jump Effects," NBER Working Papers 8246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0510028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.