Credit Rationing in a Basic Agent-Based Model
A simple agent-based model of business units lending money to one another is sufficient to understand on what conditions avalanches of bankruptcies may arise. The model highlights the consequences of specialisation into money lending as well as the impact of preferential lending relations.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giulia Iori & Saqib Jafarey, 2001.
"Criticality in a model of banking crises,"
- Iori, Giulia & Jafarey, Saqib, 2001. "Criticality in a model of banking crises," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 205-212.
- Vercelli, Alessandro, 2000. "Structural financial instability and cyclical fluctuations," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 139-156, July.
- Nigel Gilbert & Pietro Terna, 2000. "How to build and use agent-based models in social science," Mind and Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Martin Shubik, 2002.
"Money and the Monetization of Credit,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm257, Yale School of Management.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2003.
"Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications,"
Department of Economics University of Siena
407, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, . "Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications," Modeling, Computing, and Mastering Complexity 2003 20, Society for Computational Economics.
- Iori, Giulia, 2004. "An analysis of systemic risk in alternative securities settlement architectures," Working Paper Series 0404, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0505002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.