Credit Rationing in a Basic Agent-Based Model
A simple agent-based model of business units lending money to one another is sufficient to understand on what conditions avalanches of bankruptcies may arise. The model highlights the consequences of specialisation into money lending as well as the impact of preferential lending relations.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin Shubik, 2001.
"Money and the Monetization of Credit,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1343, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martin Shubik, 2002. "Money and the Monetization of Credit," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm257, Yale School of Management.
- Martin Shubik, 2001. "Money and the Monetization of Credit," Working Papers 01-12-080, Santa Fe Institute.
- Nigel Gilbert & Pietro Terna, 2000. "How to build and use agent-based models in social science," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, "undated". "Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications," Modeling, Computing, and Mastering Complexity 2003 20, Society for Computational Economics.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2003. "Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications," Department of Economics University of Siena 407, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Iori, Giulia, 2004. "An analysis of systemic risk in alternative securities settlement architectures," Working Paper Series 404, European Central Bank.
- Iori, Giulia & Jafarey, Saqib, 2001. "Criticality in a model of banking crises," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 205-212.
- Giulia Iori & Saqib Jafarey, 2001. "Criticality in a model of banking crises," Papers cond-mat/0104080, arXiv.org.
- Vercelli, Alessandro, 2000. "Structural financial instability and cyclical fluctuations," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 139-156, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0505002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.