Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Douglas Wood, 2002. "Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective," Economic History 0211002, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Swank, Job, 1996. "Theories of the Banking Firm: A Review of the Literature," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 173-207, July.
- Joaquín Maudos Villarroya & José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1995. "Prestación de Servicios Bancarios en las Cajas de Ahorros Españolas: Cajeros Automáticos versus Oficinas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Robert DeYoung, 2001. "The financial performance of pure play Internet banks," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 60-78.
- Walker, David A., 1978. "Economies of scale in electronic funds transfer systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-78, June.
- Stuber, Gerald, 1996. "The Electronic Purse: An Overview of Recent Developments and Policy Issues," Technical Reports 74, Bank of Canada.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bojinov, Bojidar, 2016. "Challenges for ensuring the information security of commercial banks," MPRA Paper 75772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majid Karimzadeh & Mohammad Reza Sasouli, 2013. "Contribution of Internet Banking toward Profitability of Banking in India," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 9(6), pages 57-69, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; competition; IT innovation;
- N - Economic History
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0211001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .