Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Douglas Wood, 2002. "Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective," Economic History 0211002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert DeYoung, 2001. "The financial performance of pure play Internet banks," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 25(Q I), pages 60-78.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Job Swank, 1996. "Theories Of The Banking Firm: A Review Of The Literature," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 173-207, July.
- Joaquín Maudos Villarroya & José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1995. "Prestación de Servicios Bancarios en las Cajas de Ahorros Españolas: Cajeros Automáticos versus Oficinas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Walker, David A., 1978. "Economies of scale in electronic funds transfer systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-78, June.
- Gerald Stuber, 1996. "The Electronic Purse: An Overview of Recent Developments and Policy Issues," Technical Reports 74, Bank of Canada.
- F.X. Browe and David Cronin, 1995. "Payments Technologies, Financial Innovation, and Laissez-Faire Banking," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 15(1), pages 101-116, Spring/Su.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Is there a “concrete wall” for women in Latin American Fintech?
by bbatiz in The Cashless Society on 2021-08-24 17:40:14
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bojinov, Bojidar, 2016. "Challenges for ensuring the information security of commercial banks," MPRA Paper 75772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majid Karimzadeh & Mohammad Reza Sasouli, 2013. "Contribution of Internet Banking toward Profitability of Banking in India," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 9(6), pages 57-69, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hakenes, Hendrik, 2004. "Banks as delegated risk managers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 2399-2426, October.
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Douglas Wood, 2002. "Management of Core Capabilities in Mexican and European Banks," Industrial Organization 0211014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eleni Dalla, 2017. "Monetary policy implications on the investment decision: Do economies of scope in the banking sector matter?," Discussion Paper Series 2017_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Mar 2017.
- Koutsomanoli-Filippaki, Anastasia & Margaritis, Dimitris & Staikouras, Christos, 2009. "Efficiency and productivity growth in the banking industry of Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 557-567, March.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander W., 2004.
"The credit crunch in East Asia: what can bank excess liquid assets tell us?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-49, February.
- P.R. Agenor & J. Aizenman & A. Hoffmaister, 2000. "The Credit Crunch in East Asia: What can Bank Excess Liquid Assets Tell us?," NBER Working Papers 7951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander, 2000. "The credit crunch in East Asia : what can bank excess liquid assets tell us ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2483, The World Bank.
- Javier Gómez, 1998.
"The Banking Spread And The Resource Cost Of Capital,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003566, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Javier Gómez, 1998. "The Banking Spread and the Resource Cost of Capital," Borradores de Economia 092, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Neuberger, Doris, 1997. "Structure, Conduct and Performance in Banking Markets," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 12, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Alistair Milne & A Elizabeth Whalley, 1999. "Bank capital and risk taking," Bank of England working papers 90, Bank of England.
- Doris Neu Berger, 1998. "Industrial Organization of Banking: A Review," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 97-118.
- Eleni Dalla & Christos Karpetis & Erotokritos Varelas, 2014. "Monetary Policy Implications on Banking Conduct and Bank Clients’ Behavior," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(4), pages 427-440, December.
- Hakenes, Hendrik, 2003. "Banks as delegated risk managers," Papers 03-13, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Bruttel, Oliver, 2005. "Die Privatisierung der öffentlichen Arbeitsvermittlung : Erfahrungen aus Australien, den Niederlanden und Großbritannien (The privatisation of public employment services * experiences made in Australi," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 38(1), pages 7-29.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993.
"Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(3), pages 569-592.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993. "Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix," Post-Print hal-01393913, HAL.
- Green, Christopher & Bai, Ye & Murinde, Victor & Ngoka, Kethi & Maana, Isaya & Tiriongo, Samuel, 2016. "Overnight interbank markets and the determination of the interbank rate: A selective survey," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 149-161.
- Sen, Souvik & Ganguly, Sourav, 2017. "Opportunities, barriers and issues with renewable energy development – A discussion," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1170-1181.
- Albert Müller, 1986. "Risikoeinschätzung und Bankverhalten," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 122(III), pages 371-387, September.
- Peter Kuhn, 1982. "Malfeasance in Long Term Employment Contracts: A New General Model with an Application to Unionism," NBER Working Papers 1045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mazali, Rogério & Rodrigues-Neto, José A., 2013. "Dress to impress: Brands as status symbols," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 103-131.
- Shamsul Arifeen Khan Mamun, 2012. "Stochastic estimation of cost frontier: evidence from Bangladesh," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 211-227, May.
- Amit Ghosh, 2018. "What Drives Banking Industry Competition in Developing Countries?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; competition; IT innovation;
All these keywords.
- N - Economic History
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0211001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.