Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernardo Batiz-Lazo & Douglas Wood, 2002. "Information technology innovations and commercial banking: A review and appraisal from an historical perspective," Economic History 0211001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert DeYoung, 2001. "The financial performance of pure play Internet banks," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 25(Q I), pages 60-78.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Job Swank, 1996. "Theories Of The Banking Firm: A Review Of The Literature," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 173-207, July.
- Joaquín Maudos Villarroya & José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1995. "Prestación de Servicios Bancarios en las Cajas de Ahorros Españolas: Cajeros Automáticos versus Oficinas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Walker, David A., 1978. "Economies of scale in electronic funds transfer systems," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 65-78, June.
- Gerald Stuber, 1996. "The Electronic Purse: An Overview of Recent Developments and Policy Issues," Technical Reports 74, Bank of Canada.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bojinov, Bojidar, 2016. "Challenges for ensuring the information security of commercial banks," MPRA Paper 75772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majid Karimzadeh & Mohammad Reza Sasouli, 2013. "Contribution of Internet Banking toward Profitability of Banking in India," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 9(6), pages 57-69, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; competition; IT innovation;
- N - Economic History
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2002-11-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IND-2002-11-18 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-NET-2002-11-18 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0211002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.