Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth: An Obvious Conjunction?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David B. Audretsch, 1994. "Small business in Industrial Economies : the new learning," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 67(1), pages 21-39.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1993. "Why Is Rent-Seeking So Costly to Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 409-414, May.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Kanbur, S M, 1979. "Of Risk Taking and the Personal Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 769-797, August.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1991.
"The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 503-530.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implicationsfor Growth," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 65, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," NBER Working Papers 3530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murphy, Kevin M. & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1991. "The Allocation of Talent: Implications for Growth," Scholarly Articles 27692664, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert Tollison, 2012. "The economic theory of rent seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 73-82, July.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-748, August.
- Philip R. Lane & Aaron Tornell, 1999. "The Voracity Effect," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 22-46, March.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1995. "Reward structures and the allocation of talent," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 17-33, January.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Francois, Patrick, 2000. "Rent-seeking and resource booms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 527-542, April.
- Dutz, Mark A. & Ordover, Janusz A. & Willig, Robert D., 2000. "Entrepreneurship, access policy and economic development: Lessons from industrial organization," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 739-747, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- VAZQUEZ-ROZAS, Emilia & GOMES, Sofia & VIEIRA, Elvira, 2010. "Entrepreneurship And Economic Growth In Spanish And Portuguese Regions," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(2).
- John Tang, 2013.
"Railroad expansion and entrepreneurship: Evidence from Meiji Japan,"
AJRC Working Papers
1302, Australia-Japan Research Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- John Tang, 2013. "Railroad expansion and entrepreneurship: evidence from Meiji Japan," CEH Discussion Papers 011, Centre for Economic History, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Ana-Maria Grigore & Irina-Maria Dragan, 2015. "Entrepreneurship and its Economical Value in a very Dynamic Business Environment," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(38), pages 120-120, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:10:p:3493-:d:172808 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naudé, Wim, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship is Not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 33-44, January.
- Naude, Wim, 2009. "Entrepreneurship is not a Binding Constraint on Growth and Development in the Poorest Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:wsi:jdexxx:v:17:y:2012:i:02:n:s1084946712500100 is not listed on IDEAS
- Szerb, László & Ulbert, József & Varga, Attila & Bodor, Éva & Acs, Zoltan J., 2004.
"Az új vállalkozások hatásai nemzetközi összehasonlításban. A Global Entrepreneurship Monitor kutatás, 2001-2003
[The effect of new ventures compared internationally]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 679-698.
- Elena Druica & Ana-Maria Grigore, 2017. "Fixed effects models to assess the effectiveness of entrepreneurial diversification strategy in SMEs," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 65(1), pages 39-55, March.
- repec:sgm:resrep:v:1:i:23:y:2017:p:48-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wim Naudé, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship, developing countries, and development economics: new approaches and insights,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 1-12, January.
- Pene Zongabiro Nina Pelagie, 2014. "The Contribution of Village Palm Grove to the Cameroonian Rural Economic Development," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(2), pages 159-168, September.
- Islem Khefacha & Lotfi Belkacem, 2016. "Technology-based ventures and sustainable development: Cointegrating and causal relationships with a panel data approach," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(2), pages 192-212, March.
- Andrzej P. Dabkowski, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth: An Investigation into the Relationship between Entrepreneurship and Total Factor Productivity Growth in the EU," CASE Network Studies and Analyses 427, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:csg:ajrcwp:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Chih Cheng, 2014. "Entrepreneurship, Economic Growth, And Employment : A Case Study Of Taiwan," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 55(1), pages 71-88, June.
- David Audretsch & Matthias Bank & Martin Carree & Marcus Dejardin & Julie Elston & Harmut Fest & Andre Jungmittag & Georg Licht & Gerald Mcdermott & Margaret Polski & Scott Shane & Paul Welfens & Juer, 2002. "The New Economy in Germany and the United States: Policy Challenges and Solutions," Working Papers halshs-00721657, HAL.
- Emilia VÃ¡zquez & Sofia Gomes & Elvira Vieira, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in Spanish and Portuguese Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1537, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; economic growth; rent-seeking;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2001-11-05 (Development)
- NEP-ENT-2001-11-05 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-TID-2001-11-05 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0110010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.