Reference Point Methods in Vector Optimization and Decision Support
This paper presents a summary of reference point methodology in vector optimization and decision support. The methodology was developed at IIASA since 1980 and applied in numerous projects, both in IIASA and elsewhere. The paper presents methodological foundations, basic concepts and notation, reference points and achievement functions, neutral and weighted compromise solutions, issues of modeling for multi-objective analysis, some basic applications of reference point methods and a discussion of a decision process type supported by reference point methodology.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1998|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg|
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- K. Matsuhashi, 1997. "Application of Multi-Criteria Analysis to Urban Land-Use Planning," Working Papers ir97091, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Korhonen, Pekka J. & Laakso, Jukka, 1986. "A visual interactive method for solving the multiple criteria problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 277-287, February.
- J. Granat & M. Makowski, 1995. "SAP- Modular Tool for Specification and Analysis of User Preferences in Multiple-Criteria Model Analysis," Working Papers wp95073, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Roy, Bernard & Vincke, Philippe, 1981. "Multicriteria analysis: survey and new directions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 207-218, November.
- J. Granat & M. Makowski, 1998. "ISAAP - Interactive Specification and Analysis of Aspiration-Based Preferences," Working Papers ir98052, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- G. Fischer & M. Makowski & J. Antoine, 1996. "Multiple Criteria Land Use Analysis," Working Papers wp96006, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Kok, M. & Lootsma, F. A., 1985. "Pairwise-comparison methods in multiple objective programming, with applications in a long-term energy-planning model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 44-55, October.
- P. Korhonen, 1998. "Multiple Objective Programming Support," Working Papers ir98010, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:iasawp:ir98017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.