Graduate migration in Italy - Lifestyle or necessity?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann & Stephen Sheppard, 2007. "Some Evidence That Women Are More Mobile Than Men: Gender Differences In U.K. Graduate Migration Behavior," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 517-539.
- Mariassunta Giannetti, 2001. "Skill Complementarities and Migration Decisions," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 15(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Eklöf, Matias, 2003. "Relaxing the IIA Assumption in Locational Choice Models: A Comparison Between Conditional Logit, Mixed Logit, and Multinomial Probit Models," Working Paper Series 2003:9, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Paul S. Davies & Michael J. Greenwood & Haizheng Li, 2001. "A Conditional Logit Approach to U.S. State-to-State Migration," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 337-360.
- Romano Piras, 2005. "Il contenuto di capitale umano dei flussi migratori interregionali: 1980-2002," Politica economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 461-491.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta, 2003.
"On the mechanics of migration decisions: skill complementarities and endogenous price differentials,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 329-349, August.
- Giannetti, M., 2000. "On the Mechanics of Migration Decisions: Skill Complementarities and Endogenous Price Differentials," Papers 366, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Mariassunta Giannetti, 2000. "On the Mechanics of Migration Decisions; Skill Complementarities and Endogenous Price Differentials," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 366, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Richard Cebula, 2005. "Internal Migration Determinants: Recent Evidence," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 11(3), pages 267-274, August.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2009. "Human capital, graduate migration and innovation in British regions," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 317-333, March.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2006. "Human capital flows and regional knowledge assets: a simultaneous equation approach," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 475-500, July.
- Choe, Chung & Chrite, E. LaBrent, 2009. "Internal Migration of Blacks in South Africa: Self-selection and Brain Drain," IRISS Working Paper Series 2009-06, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- D. Ciriaci, 2005. "La fuga del capitale umano qualificato dal Mezzogiorno: un catching-up sempre più difficile," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2-3, pages 369-404.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & Kène Henkens, 2007. "Longing for the Good Life: Understanding Emigration from a High-Income Country," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(1), pages 37-66.
- G Di Pietro, 2005. "On Migration and Unemployment: Evidence from Italian Graduates," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 10(2), pages 11-28, September.
- Weeks, Melvyn, 1997. " The Multinomial Probit Model Revisited: A Discussion of Parameter Estimability, Identification and Specification Testing," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 297-320, September.
- Paul D. Gottlieb & George Joseph, 2006. "College-To-Work Migration Of Technology Graduates And Holders Of Doctorates Within The United States," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 627-659.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:11:y:2005:i:3:p:267-274 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann & Stephen Sheppard, 2006. "An analysis of ethnic differences in UK graduate migration behaviour," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 461-471, June.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2003. "Discrete choice models and valuation experiments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(6), pages 584-604, October.
- Jari Ritsila & Marko Ovaskainen, 2001. "Migration and regional centralization of human capital," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3), pages 317-325.
- Bianca Biagi & Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann, 2011. "Long and Short Distance Migration in Italy: The Role of Economic, Social and Environmental Characteristics," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 111-131.
- Roel Rutten & John Gelissen, 2008. "Technology, Talent, Diversity and the Wealth of European Regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(7), pages 985-1006, August.
- repec:mul:je8794:doi:10.1429/20830:y:2005:i:3:p:461 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Dalmazzo & Guido De Blasio, 2007. "Skill-Biased Agglomeration Effects and Amenities: Theory with an Application to Italian Cities," Department of Economics University of Siena 503, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Okoye, Dozie, 2016. "Can brain drain be good for human capital growth? Evidence from cross-country skill premiums and education costs," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 74-99.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p1608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .