The spatial clustering of the Dutch banking sector in the Amsterdam region: the importance of spinoffs and mergers in the period 1850-1993
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron A. Boschma & Jan G. Lambooy, 1999. "Evolutionary economics and economic geography," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 411-429.
- Ewald Engelen & Michael H. Grote, 2009. "Stock exchange virtualisation and the decline of second-tier financial centres--the cases of Amsterdam and Frankfurt," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(5), pages 679-696, September.
- Ron A. Boschma & Rik Wenting, 2007. "The spatial evolution of the British automobile industry: Does location matter?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 213-238, April.
- Feldman, Maryann & Schreuder, Yda, 1996. "Initial Advantage: The Origins of the Geographic Concentration of the Pharmaceutical Industry in the Mid-Atlantic Region," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 839-862.
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2009.
"Heritage and Agglomeration: The Akron Tyre Cluster Revisited,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 705-733, April.
- Guido Buenstorf & Steven Klepper, 2005. "Heritage and Agglomeration: The Akron Tire Cluster Revisited," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Udo Staber, 2001. "Spatial Proximity and Firm Survival in a Declining Industrial District: The Case of Knitwear Firms in Baden-Wu¨rttemberg," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 329-341.
- Consoli, Davide, 2005. "The dynamics of technological change in UK retail banking services: An evolutionary perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 461-480, May.
- Michael H. Grote, 2008. "Foreign banks' attraction to the financial centre Frankfurt: an inverted 'U'-shaped relationship," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 239-258, March.
- D J Pratt, 1998. "Re-placing money: the evolution of branch banking in Britain," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(12), pages 2211-2226, December.
- Rik Wenting, 2008. "Spinoff dynamics and the spatial formation of the fashion design industry, 1858-2005," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(5), pages 593-614, September.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Uwe Cantner & Kristina Dreßler & Jens J. Krüger, 2006.
"Firm survival in the German automobile industry,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 49-60, March.
- Uwe Cantner & Kristina Dreßler & Jens J. Krüger, 2004. "Firm Survival in the German Automobile Industry," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 08/2004, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Max-Peter Menzel & Dirk Fornahl, 2010. "Cluster life cycles--dimensions and rationales of cluster evolution," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 205-238, February.
- Carree, Martin A., 2003. "A hazard rate analysis of Russian commercial banks in the period 1994-1997," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 255-269, September.
- Klepper, Steven, 1997. "Industry Life Cycles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 145-181.
- Michael S. Dahl & Christian Ø.R. Pedersen & Bent Dalum, 2003. "Entry by Spinoff in a High-tech Cluster," DRUID Working Papers 03-11, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Hans-Martin Zademach, 2003. "Rising Metropoli: The Geography of Mergers and Acquisitions in Germany," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(10), pages 1895-1923, September.
- Adam J. Fein, 1998. "Understanding evolutionary processes in non-manufacturing industries: Empirical insights from the shakeout in pharmaceutical wholesaling," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 231-270.
- Constance E. Helfat & Marvin B. Lieberman, 2002. "The birth of capabilities: market entry and the importance of pre-history," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 725-760, August.
- Steven Klepper, 2007. "Disagreements, Spinoffs, and the Evolution of Detroit as the Capital of the U.S. Automobile Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 616-631, April.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Lucia Piscitello, 2004. "Corporate diversification, coherence and economic performance," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 757-787, October.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-07-29 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2012-07-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2012-07-29 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-URE-2012-07-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p1158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .