Mega-Sporting Events in Developing Nations: Playing the way to Prosperity?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Victor A. Matheson & Robert A. Baade, 2004. "Mega-Sporting Events In Developing Nations: Playing The Way To Prosperity?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(5), pages 1085-1096, December.
- Victor A. Matheson & Robert A. Baade, 2003. "Mega-Sporting Events in Developing Nations : Playing the Way to Prosperity?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-17, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Victor Matheson & Robert Baade, 2004. "Mega-Sporting Events in Developing Nations: Playing the Way to Prosperity?," Working Papers 0404, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 1999. "An assessment of the economic impact of the american football championship, the Superbowl, on host communities," IASE Conference Papers 9903, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004.
"The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 343-354.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Quest for the Cup: Assessing the Economic Impact of the World Cup," IASE Conference Papers 0406, International Association of Sports Economists.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2000. "Bidding for the Olympics: Fools Gold?," IASE Conference Papers 0007, International Association of Sports Economists.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Swart, Kamilla & Bob, Urmilla, 2012. "Listening to community voices: Athlone and green point residents' views on the location of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Stadium in Cape Town," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Zur Ökonomik von Spitzenleistungen im internationalen Sport, pages 101-122 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2014.
"Is Football an Indicator of Development at the International Level?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 827-848, July.
- Robert Gasquez & Vicente Royuela, 2012. "Is football an indicator of development at the international level?," Working Papers in Economics 275, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2013.
"Infrastructure Investments and Mega-Sports Events: Comparing the Experience of Developing and Industrialized Countries,"
1305, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2013. "Infrastructure Investments and Mega-Sports Events: Comparing the Experience of Developing and Industrialized Countries," Working Papers 1302, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Vörös, Tünde, 2017.
"Költség-haszon elemzési keretrendszer sportberuházások társadalmi-gazdasági értékeléséhez
[An economic framework for cost-benefit analysis of sports facilities]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(4), pages 394-420.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Florian Schwarthoff, 2006.
"Stadium Architecture and regional economic development: International experience and the plans of Durban,"
200604, Chair for Economic Policy, University of Hamburg.
- Wolfgang Maennig & Florian Schwarthoff, 2008. "Stadium Architecture and Regional Economic Development: International Experience and the Plans of Durban," Working Papers 0816, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Simon Planells Struse & Daniel Montolio, 2014. "The effect of football matches on crime patterns in Barcelona," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1606, European Regional Science Association.
- Daniel Montolio & Simón Planells-Struse, 2015. "Measuring the negative externalities of a private leisure activity: hooligans and pickpockets around the stadium," Working Papers 2015/15, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2012. "Mega Events and Sports Institutional Development: The Impact of the World Cup on Football Academies in Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Bruce K. Johnson & John C. Whitehead, 2017. "Validity and Reliability of Contingent Valuation and Life Satisfaction Measures of Welfare: An Application to the Value of National Olympic Success," Working Papers 17-08, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Szymanski, Stefan, 2010.
"National well-being and international sports events,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 158-171, April.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsOlympics; World Cup; Sports; Development Creation Date: 2003-03-15;
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wil:wilcde:174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Sheppard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdwilus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.