Singapore as an innovative city in East Asia : an explorative study of the perspectives of innovative industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea, 2001. "Business services as actors of knowledge transformation: the role of KIBS in regional and national innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1501-1516, December.
- Shahid Yusuf, 2003. "Innovative East Asia : The Future of Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15158, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luke Nottage, 2006. "Nothing New in the (North) East? Interpreting the Rhetoric and Reality of Japanese Corporate Governance," Governance Working Papers 21819, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Wong, Poh-Kam & Ho, Yuen-Ping & Singh, Annette, 2007. "Towards an "Entrepreneurial University" Model to Support Knowledge-Based Economic Development: The Case of the National University of Singapore," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 941-958, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joern Block & Christian Fisch & Kenta Ikeuchi & Masatoshi Kato, 2019. "Trademarks as an indicator of regional innovation: Evidence from Japanese prefectures," Discussion Paper Series 200, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University.
- Jan Ženka & Josef Novotný & Ondřej Slach & Igor Ivan, 2017. "Spatial Distribution of Knowledge-Intensive Business Services in a Small Post-Communist Economy," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 8(2), pages 385-406, June.
- Veronika Belousova & Nikolay Chichkanov, 2016. "Knowledge-Intensive Business Services in Russia: 2014–2015 Crisis Aftermath," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 10(4), pages 46-58.
- Hildegunn Kyvik Nordås, 2020. "Make or Buy: Offshoring of Services Functions in Manufacturing," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 57(2), pages 351-378, September.
- Djellal, Faridah & Gallouj, Faïz & Miles, Ian, 2013.
"Two decades of research on innovation in services: Which place for public services?,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 98-117.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2012. "Two decades of research on innovation in services: Which place for public services?," Post-Print halshs-01134142, HAL.
- Faridah Djellal & FaÏz Gallouj & Ian Miles, 2013. "Two decades of research on innovation in services: Which place for public services?," Post-Print halshs-01133837, HAL.
- Faïz Gallouj & Faridah Djellal, 2012. "Two decades of research on innovation in services: which place for public services?," Post-Print halshs-00960624, HAL.
- Todo, Yasuyuki & Miyamoto, Koji, 2006. "Knowledge Spillovers from Foreign Direct Investment and the Role of Local R&D Activities: Evidence from Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 173-200, October.
- Ascani, Andrea & Bettarelli, Luca & Resmini, Laura & Balland, Pierre-Alexandre, 2020.
"Global networks, local specialisation and regional patterns of innovation,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(8).
- Andrea Ascani & Luca Bettarelli & Laura Resmini & Pierre-Alexandre Balland, 2020. "Global networks, local specialisation and regional patterns of innovation," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2002, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2020.
- Consoli, Davide & Elche-Hortelano, Dioni, 2010. "Variety in the knowledge base of Knowledge Intensive Business Services," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1303-1310, December.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012.
"To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis,"
JRC Working Papers
JRC71097, Joint Research Centre (Seville site), revised Aug 2012.
- Daria Ciriaci & Daniela Palma, 2012. "To what extent are knowledge-intensive business services contributing to manufacturing? A subsystem analysis," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2012-02, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Cui Zhang, 2019. "Agglomeration Economies And Performance In Knowledge-Intensive Business Services," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 65(02), pages 457-469, May.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2008.
"Innovation in services and entrepreneurship: beyond industrialist and technologist concepts of sustainable development,"
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2009. "Innovation in services and entrepreneurship: beyond industrialist and technologist concepts of sustainable development," Working Papers hal-01111795, HAL.
- Matthijs Janssen & Carolina Castaldi & Alexander Alexiev, 2014. "Dynamic capabilities for service innovation: conceptualization and measurement," Working Papers 14-07, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Mar 2014.
- Dmitri Vinogradov & Elena Shadrina & Marina Doroshenko, 2018. "KIBS for public needs," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 45(4), pages 443-473, December.
- Nagy K. Hanna, 2007. "From Envisioning to Designing e-Development : The Experience of Sri Lanka," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6628, June.
- Matt Saboe & Simon Condliffe, 2020. "Explaining New Firm Survival: Is the Firm, Owner, or Agglomeration at Fault?," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 323-343, April.
- Muller, Emmanuel & Zenker, Andrea & Héraud, Jean-Alain, 2009. "Entering the KIBS' black box: there must be an angel! (or is there something like a knowledge angel?)," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R7/2009, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Singh, Lakhwinder, 2006. "Innovations and Economic Growth in a Fast Changing Global Economy: Comparative Experience of Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 80, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronnié Figueiredo & João José Matos Ferreira, 0. "Spinner Model: Prediction of Propensity to Innovate Based on Knowledge-Intensive Business Services," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Antonietti, Roberto & Cainelli, Giulio, 2007.
"Spatial Agglomeration, Technology and Outsourcing of Knowledge Intensive Business Services. Empirical Insights from Italy,"
Knowledge, Technology, Human Capital Working Papers
8221, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Roberto Antonietti & Giulio Cainelli, 2007. "Spatial Agglomeration, Technology and Outsourcing of Knowledge Intensive Business Services Empirical Insights from Italy," Working Papers 2007.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sanjaya Lall & Manuel Albaladejo & Jinkang Zhang, 2004.
"Mapping fragmentation: Electronics and automobiles in East Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(3), pages 407-432.
- Sanjaya Lall, Manuel Albaladejo and Jinkang Zhang (QEH), "undated". "Mapping Fragmentation: Electronics and Automobiles in East Asia and Latin America," QEH Working Papers qehwps115, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
More about this item
KeywordsICT Policy and Strategies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Economic Theory&Research; Health Economics&Finance; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2005-12-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2005-12-14 (Innovation)
- NEP-SEA-2005-12-14 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2005-12-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.