Aid dependence and the quality of governance : a cross-country empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1999.
"The Quality of Government,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 222-279, April.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, "undated". "The Quality of Government," Working Paper 19452, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Government," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1847, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Goverment," NBER Working Papers 6727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew M. Warner, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 5398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000. "Foreign aid and rent-seeking," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 437-461, August.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Understanding Economic Policy Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 9-41, March.
- P. Lundborg, 1998. "Foreign Aid and International Support as a Gift Exchange," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 127-142, July.
- Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen, 1997. "Why Don't Poor Countries Catch Up? A Cross-National Test of Institutional Explanation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(3), pages 590-602, July.
- Boone, Peter, 1996. "Politics and the effectiveness of foreign aid," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 289-329, February.
- Feyzioglu, Tarhan & Swaroop, Vinaya & Zhu, Min, 1998. "A Panel Data Analysis of the Fungibility of Foreign Aid," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 29-58, January.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tornell, Aaron & Lane, Philip R., 1998. "Are windfalls a curse?: A non-representative agent model of the current account," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 83-112, February.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ojiambo Elphas & Jacob Oduor & Mburu Tom & Wawire Nelson, 2015. "Working Paper 226 - Aid Unpredictability and Economic Growth in Kenya," Working Paper Series 2169, African Development Bank.
- Congdon Fors, Heather & Olsson, Ola, 2007.
"Endogenous institutional change after independence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 1896-1921, November.
- Congdon Fors, Heather & Olsson, Ola, 2005. "Endogenous Institutional Change After Independence," Working Papers in Economics 163, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson & Thierry Verdier, 2003.
"Kleptocracy and Divide-and-Rule: A Model of Personal Rule,"
NBER Working Papers
10136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A & Verdier, Thierry, 2003. "Kleptocracy and Divide-and-Rule: A Model of Personal Rule," CEPR Discussion Papers 4059, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Papaioannou, Elias, 2009.
"What drives international financial flows? Politics, institutions and other determinants,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 269-281, March.
- Papaioannou, Elias, 2008. "What Drives International Financial Flows? Politics, Institutions and Other Determinants," CEPR Discussion Papers 7010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010.
"Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006. "Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation," Working Papers 29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Sanjay Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2009. "Development Aid and Economic Growth; A Positive Long-Run Relation," IMF Working Papers 09/118, International Monetary Fund.
- Godfrey, Martin & Sophal, Chan & Kato, Toshiyasu & Vou Piseth, Long & Dorina, Pon & Saravy, Tep & Savora, Tia & Sovannarith, So, 2002. "Technical Assistance and Capacity Development in an Aid-dependent Economy: The Experience of Cambodia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 355-373, March.
- Taylor Fahy Winkleman & Grace Bagwell Adams, 2017. "An empirical assessment of the relationship between Official Development Aid and child mortality, 2000–2015," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 62(2), pages 231-240, March.
- Carl-Johan Dalgaard & Ola Olsson, 0.
"Windfall Gains, Political Economy and Economic Development,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(suppl_1), pages -109.
- Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Olsson, Ola, 2006. "Windfall Gains, Political Economy, and Economic Development," Working Papers in Economics 223, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Tim Harford & Michael Klein, 2005. "Aid and the Resource Curse : How Can Aid Be Designed to Preserve Institutions?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11223, The World Bank.
- Tim Harford & Michael Klien, 2005. "The Future of Aid 2 : The Big Push," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11228, The World Bank.
- Ghosh Banerjee, Sudeshna & Rondinelli, Dennis A., 2003. "Does Foreign Aid Promote Privatization? Empirical Evidence from Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1527-1548, September.
- Sudeshna Ghosh Banerjee & Michael C. Munger, 2004. "Move to markets? An empirical analysis of privatization in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(2), pages 213-240.
- Cogneau, Denis & Naudet, Jean-David, 2007.
"Who Deserves Aid? Equality of Opportunity, International Aid, and Poverty Reduction,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 104-120, January.
- Denis Cogneau & Jean-David Naudet, 2004. "Who deserves aid? Equality of opportunity,international aid and poverty reduction," Working Papers DT/2004/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Denis Cogneau & David Naudet, 2005. "Who deserves aid? Equality of opportunity, international aid and poverty reduction," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 110, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Feeny, Simon & de Silva, Ashton, 2012. "Measuring absorptive capacity constraints to foreign aid," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 725-733.
- Axel Dreher, 2006. "Power to the People? The Impact of Decentralization on Governance," KOF Working papers 06-121, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Andrews, Matt, 2013. "Do International Organizations Really Shape Government Solutions in Developing Countries?," Working Paper Series rwp13-032, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Raj M. Desai & Lev M. Freinkman & Itzhak Goldberg, 2003. "Fiscal federalism and regional growth : evidence from the Russian Federation in the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3138, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsGender and Development; Decentralization; Economic Theory&Research; Development Economics&Aid Effectiveness; School Health; Economic Policy; Institutions and Governance; National Governance; School Health; Governance Indicators; Development Economics&Aid Effectiveness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.