How Much Do Agricultural Policies Restrict Trade? Comparing Trade Restrictiveness Indexes
Recently the Bank has provided new indicators for monitoring the extent to which agricultural policies restrict international trade in farm goods. They come from two studies with differing methodologies and data sources, and each provides less-than-perfect estimates. This note shows how and explains why the two indexes differ for some countries.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, James E & Neary, J Peter, 1994.
"Measuring the Restrictiveness of Trade Policy,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 8(2), pages 151-169, May.
- James E. Anderson & J. Peter Neary, 1993. "Measuring the restrictiveness of trade policy," Working Papers 199307, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J Anderson & J.P. Neary, 1994. "Measuring the Restrictiveness of Trade Policy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0186, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Johanna L. Croser & Peter J. Lloyd & Kym Anderson, 2010.
"How Do Agricultural Policy Restrictions on Global Trade and Welfare Differ Across Commodities?,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(3), pages 698-712.
- Lloyd, Peter J. & Croser, Johanna L. & Anderson, Kym, 2009. "How do agricultural policy restrictions to global trade and welfare differ across commodities ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4864, The World Bank.
- Johanna Croser & Peter J. Lloyd & Kym Anderson, 2010. "How Do Agricultural Policy Restrictions to Global Trade and Welfare Differ Across Commodities?," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2010-06, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
- Johanna L. Croser & Peter J. Lloyd & Kym Anderson, 2009. "How Do Agricultural Policy Restrictions to Global Trade and Welfare Differ Across Commodities?," School of Economics Working Papers 2009-12, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Anderson, Kym & Croser, Johanna L. & Lloyd, Peter J, 2009. "How Do Agricultural Policy Restrictions to Global Trade and Welfare Differ Across Commodities?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7230, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:10201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.