On Bounds for Concave Distortion Risk Measures for Sums of Risks
In this paper we consider the problem of studying the gap between bounds of risk measures for sums of non-independent random variables. Owing to the choice of the context where to set the problem, namely that of distortion risk measures, we first deduce an explicit formula for the risk measure of a discrete risk by referring to its writing as sum of layers. Then, we examine the case of sums of discrete risks with identical distribution. Upper and lower bounds for risk measures of sums of risks are presented in the case of concave distortion functions. Finally, the attention is devoted to the analysis of the gap between risk measures of upper and lower bounds, with the aim of optimizing it.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Dorsoduro, 3825/E, 30123 Venezia|
Phone: ++39 041 2346910-6911
Fax: ++ 39 041 5221756
Web page: http://www.dma.unive.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- Dhaene, Jan & Denuit, Michel, 1999. "The safest dependence structure among risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-21, September.
- Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Goovaerts, Marc J., 2000. "Upper and lower bounds for sums of random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Shaun, Wang, 1995. "Insurance pricing and increased limits ratemaking by proportional hazards transforms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-54, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vnm:wpaper:146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.