Some results on the CTE-based capital allocation rule
Tasche [Tasche, D., 1999. Risk contributions and performance measurement. Working paper, Technische Universität München] introduces a capital allocation principle where the capital allocated to each risk unit can be expressed in terms of its contribution to the conditional tail expectation (CTE) of the aggregate risk. Panjer [Panjer, H.H., 2002. Measurement of risk, solvency requirements and allocation of capital within financial conglomerates. Institute of Insurance and Pension Research, University of Waterloo, Research Report 01-15] derives a closed-form expression for this allocation rule in the multivariate normal case.Â Landsman and Valdez [Landsman, Z., Valdez, E., 2002. Tail conditional expectations for elliptical distributions. North American Actuarial J. 7 (4)] generalize Panjer's result to the class of multivariate elliptical distributions. In this paper we provide an alternative and simpler proof for the CTE-based allocation formula in the elliptical case. Furthermore, we derive accurate and easy computable closed-form approximations for this allocation formula for sums that involve normal and lognormal risks.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Tsanakas, Andreas, 2006. "Stochastic ordering of bivariate elliptical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(5), pages 488-494, March.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Goovaerts, Marc J., 2000. "Upper and lower bounds for sums of random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Anderson, Dale N., 1992. "A multivariate Linnik distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 333-336, July.
- Jan Dhaene & Andreas Tsanakas & Emiliano A. Valdez & Steven Vanduffel, 2012.
"Optimal Capital Allocation Principles,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 79(1), pages 1-28, 03.
- Dhaene, Jan & Tsanakas, Andreas & Emiliano, Valdez & Steven, Vanduffel, 2009. "Optimal capital allocation principles," MPRA Paper 13574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Furman, Edward & Landsman, Zinoviy, 2005. "Risk capital decomposition for a multivariate dependent gamma portfolio," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 635-649, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)