Some results on the CTE-based capital allocation rule
Tasche [Tasche, D., 1999. Risk contributions and performance measurement. Working paper, Technische Universität München] introduces a capital allocation principle where the capital allocated to each risk unit can be expressed in terms of its contribution to the conditional tail expectation (CTE) of the aggregate risk. Panjer [Panjer, H.H., 2002. Measurement of risk, solvency requirements and allocation of capital within financial conglomerates. Institute of Insurance and Pension Research, University of Waterloo, Research Report 01-15] derives a closed-form expression for this allocation rule in the multivariate normal case.Â Landsman and Valdez [Landsman, Z., Valdez, E., 2002. Tail conditional expectations for elliptical distributions. North American Actuarial J. 7 (4)] generalize Panjer's result to the class of multivariate elliptical distributions. In this paper we provide an alternative and simpler proof for the CTE-based allocation formula in the elliptical case. Furthermore, we derive accurate and easy computable closed-form approximations for this allocation formula for sums that involve normal and lognormal risks.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furman, Edward & Landsman, Zinoviy, 2005. "Risk capital decomposition for a multivariate dependent gamma portfolio," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 635-649, December.
- Dhaene, Jan & Tsanakas, Andreas & Emiliano, Valdez & Steven, Vanduffel, 2009.
"Optimal capital allocation principles,"
13574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderson, Dale N., 1992. "A multivariate Linnik distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 333-336, July.
- Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Goovaerts, Marc J., 2000. "Upper and lower bounds for sums of random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Tsanakas, Andreas, 2006. "Stochastic ordering of bivariate elliptical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(5), pages 488-494, March.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:42:y:2008:i:2:p:855-863. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.