Distortion Risk Measures and Discrete Risks
In this paper we consider the problem of determining approximations for distortion risk measures of sums of non-independent random variables. First, we give an overview of the recent actuarial literature on distortion risk measures and convex bounds for sums of random variables. Then, we examine the case of discrete risks with identical distribution. Upper and lower bounds for risk measures of sums of risks are presented in the case of concave distortion functions. The result is then extended to cover the case of non necessarily discrete risks.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dhaene, Jan & Denuit, Michel, 1999. "The safest dependence structure among risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-21, September.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Wang, Shaun, 1996. "Premium Calculation by Transforming the Layer Premium Density," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 71-92, May.
- Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Goovaerts, Marc J., 2000. "Upper and lower bounds for sums of random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 151-168, October.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Shaun, Wang, 1995. "Insurance pricing and increased limits ratemaking by proportional hazards transforms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-54, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0510013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.