Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants' Earnings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2011. "Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants' Earnings," SULCIS Working Papers 2011:4, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2007. "Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants’ Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 2587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Núria Quella & Silvio Rendon, 2012.
"Occupational selection in multilingual labor markets: the case of Catalonia,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(8), pages 918-937, November.
- Silvio Rendon & Nuria Quella, 2009. "Occupational Selection in Multilingual Labor Markets: The Case of Catalonia," Department of Economics Working Papers 09-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Torres, Javier, 2016. "Foreign human capital and the earnings gap between immigrants and Canadian-born workers," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 104-119.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Taengnoi, Sarinda, 2007. "Occupational Choice of High Skilled Immigrants in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 2969, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsEnglish Language; Earnings; Immigrants; Schooling;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2007-05-19 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2007-05-19 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MIG-2007-05-19 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwa:wpaper:07-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verity Chia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuwaau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.