Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants’ Earnings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2011. "Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants' Earnings," SULCIS Working Papers 2011:4, Stockholm University, Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Barry R Chiswick & Paul W Miller, 2007. "Matching Language Proficiency to Occupation: The Effect on Immigrants' Earnings," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Núria Quella & Silvio Rendon, 2012.
"Occupational selection in multilingual labor markets: the case of Catalonia,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(8), pages 918-937, November.
- Silvio Rendon & Nuria Quella, 2009. "Occupational Selection in Multilingual Labor Markets: The Case of Catalonia," Department of Economics Working Papers 09-02, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Torres, Javier, 2016. "Foreign human capital and the earnings gap between immigrants and Canadian-born workers," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 104-119.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Taengnoi, Sarinda, 2007. "Occupational Choice of High Skilled Immigrants in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 2969, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsimmigrants; earnings; English language; schooling;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-02-17 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp2587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .