Do Ex-Dividend Drop-Offs Differ Across Markets? Evidence from Internationally Traded (ADR) Stocks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyd, John H & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1994. "Ex-dividend Price Behavior of Common Stocks," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 711-741.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1986. "Tax-induced trading around ex-dividend days," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 287-319, July.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- Michaely, Roni & Vila, Jean-Luc, 1996. "Trading Volume with Private Valuation: Evidence from the Ex-dividend Day," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 471-509.
- Rosenthal, Leonard, 1983. "An empirical test of the efficiency of the ADR market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 17-29, March.
- Bali, Rakesh & Hite, Gailen L., 1998. "Ex dividend day stock price behavior: discreteness or tax-induced clienteles?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 127-159, February.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1988. "Short-term trading around ex-dividend days : Additional evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 291-298, September.
- Eades, Kenneth M & Hess, Patrick J & Kim, E Han, 1994. " Time-Series Variation in Dividend Pricing," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1617-1638, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hamish D. Anderson & Lawrence C. Rose & Steven F. Cahan, 2004. "Odd-lot Costs and Taxation Influences on Stock Dividend Ex-dates," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9-10), pages 1419-1448.
More about this item
Keywordsex-dividend; ADR; drop-off ratio; imputation tax; arbitrage;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:wpaper:92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford) or (Marina Grazioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfutsau.html .