Odd-lot Costs and Taxation Influences on Stock Dividend Ex-dates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ohlson, James A. & Penman, Stephen H., 1985. "Volatility increases subsequent to stock splits: An empirical aberration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 251-266, June.
- Koski, Jennifer Lynch, 1998. "Measurement Effects and the Variance of Returns after Stock Splits and Stock Dividends," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(1), pages 143-162.
- Scott Walker & Graham Partington, 1999. "The value of dividends: Evidence from cum-dividend trading in the ex-dividend period," Published Paper Series 1999-1, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Grinblatt, Mark S. & Masulis, Ronald W. & Titman, Sheridan, 1984. "The valuation effects of stock splits and stock dividends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 461-490, December.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Poon, Percy, 1987. " The Market Reaction to Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1347-1370, December.
- Keith Jakob & Tongshu Ma, 2003. "Order Imbalance on Ex-Dividend Days," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 26(1), pages 65-75.
- McNichols, Maureen & Dravid, Ajay, 1990. " Stock Dividends, Stock Splits, and Signaling," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(3), pages 857-879, July.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Eades, Kenneth M. & Hess, Patrick J. & Kim, E. Han, 1984. "On interpreting security returns during the ex-dividend period," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-34, March.
- VT Alaganar & Graham Partington & Max Stevenson, 1999. "Do Ex-Dividend Drop-Offs Differ Across Markets? Evidence from Internationally Traded (ADR) Stocks," Working Paper Series 92, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- J. Randall Woolridge, 1983. "Stock Dividends As Signals," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 6(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1994. "On the Efficiency of Least Squares Regression with Security Abnormal Returns as the Dependent Variable," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(02), pages 279-300, June.
- Hamish Anderson & Steven Cahan & Lawrence C. Rose, 2001. "Stock Dividend Announcement Effects in an Imputation Tax Environment," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5-6), pages 653-669.
- Dravid, Ajay R, 1987. " A Note on the Behavior of Stock Returns around Ex-dates of Stock Distributions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 163-168, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cahit Adaoglu & Meziane Lasfer, 2011. "Why Do Companies Pay Stock Dividends? The Case of Bonus Distributions in an Inflationary Environment," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5-6), pages 601-627, June.
- Kuo, Nan-Ting & Lee, Cheng-Few, 2013. "Effects of dividend tax and signaling on firm valuation: Evidence from taxable stock dividend announcements," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 157-180.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jbfnac:v:31:y:2004-11:i:9-10:p:1419-1448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0306-686X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.