A Square-Root Interest Rate Model Fitting Discrete Initial Term Structure Data
This paper presents the one- and the multifactor versions of a term structure model in which the factor dynamics are given by Cox/Ingersoll/Ross (CIR) type "square root" diffusions with piecewise constant parameters. This model is fitted to initial term structures given by a finite number of data points, interpolating endogenously. Closed form and near-closed form solutions for a large class of fixed income derivatives are derived in terms of a compound noncentral chi-square distribution. An implementation of the model is discussed where the initial term structure of volatility is fitted via cap prices.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 1999|
|Publication status:||Published as: Schlogl, E. and Schlogl, L., 2000, "A Square Root Interest Rate Model Fitting Discrete Initial Term Structure Data", Applied Mathematical Finance, 7(3), 183-309.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992.
"Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- David Heath & Robert Jarrow & Andrew Morton, 2008. "Bond Pricing And The Term Structure Of Interest Rates: A New Methodology For Contingent Claims Valuation," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 13, pages 277-305 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Schloegl, Erik & Lutz Schloegl, 1997. "A Tractable Term Structure Model with Endogenous Interpolation and Positive Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 396, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Jamshidian, Farshid, 1989. " An Exact Bond Option Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 205-209, March.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- Yoosef Maghsoodi, 1996. "Solution Of The Extended Cir Term Structure And Bond Option Valuation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 89-109.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- F. Jamshidian, 1995. "A simple class of square-root interest-rate models," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 61-72.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.