Laplace Transform Identities for Diffusions, with Applications to Rebates and Barrier Options
Using a simple integral identity, we derive general expressions for the Laplace transform of the transition density of the process, if killing or reflecting boundaries are specified. We also obtain a number of useful expressions for the Laplace transforms of some functions of first-passage times for the diffusion. These results are applied to the special case of squared Bessel processes with killing or reflecting boundaries. In particular, we demonstrate how the above-mentioned integral identity enables us to derive the transition density of a squared Bessel process killed at the origin, without the need to invert a Laplace transform. Finally, as an application, we consider the problem of pricing barrier options on an index described by the minimal market model.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 123, Broadway, NSW 2007, Australia|
Phone: +61 2 9514 7777
Fax: +61 2 9514 7711
Web page: http://www.qfrc.uts.edu.au/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2002.
"Consistent Pricing and Hedging for a Modified Constant Elasticity of Variance Model,"
Research Paper Series
78, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 2002. "Consistent pricing and hedging for a modified constant elasticity of variance model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 459-467.
- Dmitry Davydov & Vadim Linetsky, 2001. "Pricing and Hedging Path-Dependent Options Under the CEV Process," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(7), pages 949-965, July.
- Mark Craddock & David Heath & Eckhard Platen, 1999. "Numerical Inversion of Laplace Transforms: A Survey of Techniques with Applications to Derivative Pricing," Research Paper Series 27, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Antoon Pelsser, 2000. "Pricing double barrier options using Laplace transforms," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 95-104.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.